Friday, September 28, 2018

TGIF Challenge #179 ... Eclectic Friend:

Woot!  It's time for another TGIF Challenge!  Yay!  This time it's a technique challenge!  These are so much fun to do because they give me a starting point in my crafting process, and still let those creative juices flow.  It's a win-win!  😀  It really is a fun challenge this week!!  First up...I will show you my card and then I will give you more details on the challenge! 



ColorsBasic Black, Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Lemon Lime Twist, Mango Melody, Pool Party
Cardstock/Papers Thick Whisper White, Basic Black, Shimmery White, Mango Melody, Pool Party
Stamps: Oh So Eclectic, Love What You Do
Tools: Big Shot, Eclectic Layers Thinlits, Stitched Shapes Framelits,
Accessories: NONE!
 
Now here's a peek at the challenge...

I LOVED the "create your own background" challenge!  What fun is that?!  As soon as I read what the challenge was, a card kinda popped into my brain and I knew I wanted to do a striped background.  So I just went with it!  Here was my quick and easy process:

1.  Cut 1/2" strips from Basic Black cardstock.  I made them a little longer than my project-- 6" -- so I could trim them a little for a clean finished look.   
2.  Use grid paper to line stripes up on card front and ensure I have even spacing between stripes.
3.  Adhere stripes to card.
4.  Trim edges.


Easy, peasy...right?!  I did a bold black & white stripe, but you could do it more subtly or different colors or rainbow or whatever your heart desires!  

I used a stamp set I haven't used in awhile, "Oh So Eclectic."  This stamp set, with the coordinating dies, was so much fun to use!!!  Just check out the fun flowers:


I had a lot of fun with this bold & bright color combo.  I think I'm trying to fight the change in seasons.  Haha.  I am SUCH a SUMMER girl...I don't want any other seasons.  Hee.  

Now it's time to go check out the other projects that our fabulous TGIF Designers have designed for you and then get crafting yourself!  😀  Head on over to the TGIF Challenge blog and play along with us this week!!! 

Thank you so much for visiting!  Let me know if you have any questions! 

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

A Little Birthday Love ...

I am a big fan of wrapping a birthday gift in a fun & special way.  However ... I will preface it by saying it is NEVER a necessity.  😁...