Sunday, July 10, 2016

4th of July Festivities...

I LOVE celebrating the 4th of July!  And this year was extra special...we had a family reunion at our house for the 4th.  It was great fun!  Lots of people, lots of food, lots of fun.  We had it at our house because we have a pool, and it worked out great because it was a HOT day!  Here are a few pictures from the day...

First up...of course I had a banner!!


It says "Freedom."  I've been wanting to make one of these for years, glad I finally have done it!  :-)  We have this pavilion out by the pool and it was the perfect thing to decorate, so I just put some pennants all around it...

(I was running around a lot that day so didn't get too many pictures.  Wish I had gotten one of the whole thing.)

Then we had a bunch of tables set up.  I didn't want to go crazy with decor, but I wanted a little something festive on the tables.  So made some tissue paper flowers and spray painted some mason jars.  Here are a few shots of the tables...





Then I had a memory table set up. This was a reunion for my Dad's family.  My Grandma died almost 16 years ago, but I still cry whenever I think of her.  She was just one of those ladies that made a huge impact on everyone she came in contact.  I feel so lucky that I got to be her granddaughter.  My Grandpa is still alive, and I was hoping he would be well enough to come.  He wasn't able to make it, however, but we still had a table set up for him and my Grandma...


I love the little decor piece I made.  It turned out so cute...


That is just a whole lot of styrofoam balls with punched flowers pinned in them...


And here is a pic of my niece and nephew helping me with making this late one night.  Hee...


All in all...it was a fabulous day.  My hubby even had a big firework show at the end of the night (in honor of my Grandma...she LOVED the 4th and LOVED fireworks).  Here are a few random pics from the day...


This was our adult swim time!  (For all of 10 minutes.  The kids occupied the pool most of the day.  :-) )


My cute family! (The photo booth I had done kinda totally fell down, so quickly improvised.  And I had seconds to grab a quick shot of us before the sun went down.  Haha.  Gotta love the quick shots...we did the best we could!)

My two oldest girls were quite into the fireworks...


It was a great day!  Thanks for visiting!  Hope you enjoy!!!  Let me know if you have any questions!  designwithink@gmail.com.  



No comments:

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...