Tuesday, August 11, 2015

I'm So Grateful For You...

I needed a little "stamping therapy" time the other day...so on to my craft room I went!  (I'm certain I'm not the ONLY one that needs a little stamping therapy...even if it does have to be super late at night after my littles are in bed.  :-) ) I just wanted to create something...didn't really care what it was.   I ended up making a card, and that's what I get to share today!


What do you think?!  It was pretty fun to make!

Color Combo: Tip Top Taupe, Watermelon Wonder, Mint Macaron (small bits of Cucumber Crush and Hello Honey)
Stamps: Remarkable You, Gorgeous Grunge (the splatter in background)
Inks: Tip Top Taupe, Cucumber Crush, Watermelon Wonder, Hello Honey, Black Staz-On
Tools: Big Shot, Boho Chic Embossing Folder, Stapler, Hexagon Punch (to make banner end), Aqua Painter 
Accessories: Metallic Gold Baker's Twine, Mini Staples, Watercolor Paper, Gold Thread, Color Me Irresistible Designer Series Paper, Dazzling Details (Glitter Glue), Sponge

I love the watercolor look these days.  And sometimes it feels like a "whole thing" to do.  But really...it's SO quick and easy.  I just took my ink pads, smooshed the lid into the pad before opening it to give me some ink on the lid, and then colored onto my stamped flowers.  I used the Watermelon Wonder color so soft...so your one color of ink can give you SO many shades when you watercolor!  I will say...I LOVE the look you get when using Watercolor paper.  I am NOT an artist....can't color well at all.  I feel like the Watercolor paper makes whatever I do look good.  (And I am a QUICK colorer.  I don't spend time at all.  Just swoosh that ink on and move on.) 

Just look how pretty...


And do you notice that shimmer on the card?!  It's done with Dazzling Details!  So much fun!  I just put a little blob on and "painted" it on where I wanted it.  (And by paint...I mean smearing it around with my finger.  It's the tool I always have close by so it's pretty dependable.)  It adds such a fun touch to the card!  Love this little banner detail...


Look at all the fun layers...


Hope you enjoy this card!  I felt much better after I made it...successful therapy indeed!  So my advice...try to do something creative each day.  It's good for the soul!  

Thanks for visiting!  Let me know if you have any questions on anything! designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...