Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Little Retro Fresh...

Love the Retro line in the new Occasions catalog.  CLICK HERE to view the catalog.  If you don't have your own copy...simply email me your address (designwithink@gmail.com) and I will send you a catalog free!

Anyway...there is a "Retro Fresh" product line in the Occasions catalog that is so yummy!  Love the colors, patterns, stamps, etc.  It's amazing.  The card I am sharing with you today shows you how to really maximize your Designer Series Paper.  I was making lots of this card, so I just used a small piece of it...but really made it pop.  

Here is the card...

Fun, cheery, and fresh, right?!  There are lots of new products on this card.  The embossing folder, the Starburst framelits, the Designer Series Paper, ALL YUM!!!  I love this simple layout.  "White space" on cards is very trendy right now.  I like that this card has the white space but also has some texture in that white space.  I sponged a little over the embossed pattern just to make it all pop.  Here is a close-up...
That burlap ribbon....YUM! YUM! YUM!!!

To me...a color combo is SO IMPORTANT when designing a card.  Finding the right one makes all the difference.  I made the focal point for this card and was trying to decide what color card base the card should have.  Here are a few other card colors I tried...


What do you think?  Is the yellow your favorite as well?  Or is it just me?!  I love how bright and cheery it makes the card.  

I hope you enjoy this card!  Let me know if you have any questions!

No comments:

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...