Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Christmas Gift Swap...

I work with the greatest group of demonstrators in the Stampin' Up! world!  We have such a blast together...we look for reasons to get together as much as we can.  Christmas time is no exception!  My upline had an amazingly fun Christmas party for anyone in her group to come to.  We ate yummy food, chatted and socialized, made some amazing projects, and had the best "White Elephant" gift exchange ever!  We all brought one "Stampin' Up!" homemade item with us.  We then swapped them "white elephant" style.  Everyone went home with a unique homemade gift!  It was a blast!  Today I want to share what my gift was.  I almost forgot to take pictures of it, so had to hurry and do that.  Sorry I didn't get the best photos!  But here is what I brought to swap...

This is a photo frame with a removable focal point.  The rosettes and ribbon at the bottom are hot glued on, and then I just added a small clothespin (from the "Tag A Bag/Box" bundle in the Annual Catalog) right on the glass. This way...the focal point can easily be switched out for a photo, seasonal decor, etc.  And the DSP that is in this frame can be switched easily as well.  Stamping is NOT just for cards/scrapbooks.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE to use it in my home decor!  

Here are a few more close-up's...

Love the "Oh, Hello" sentiment with that fun flower.  And those pearls (although maybe not so stand out in the photo) really make this project pop!  And that Chevron oval...does it GET much better than that?!  :)  (The stamp set is the "Oh, Hello" set in the Annual Catalog.  And all the stamps used in this project is in that set. )

I LOVE making rosette flowers with my Stampin' Up! ribbon.  With all the variety of ribbons...you can give a unique look to any project!  And I noticed a SUPER EXCITING thing while making this.  The Burlap ribbon and the Baked Brown Sugar ruffled stretch ribbon look AMAZING together!  Can you even tell what I did?  Look at the wide ribbon...did you notice the ruffles?  I just glued the Baked Brown Sugar ruffled ribbon behind a piece of the HEAVENLY burlap ribbon...and VOILA!  Ruffled Burlap ribbon.  I won't admit to the complete SQUEAL when I saw the finished look of the ribbon.  Ok...maybe I will.  I COMPLETELY SQUEALED with excitement when I saw it.  And some Champagne glitter paper glued in the middle of the Burlap...just in love with it! 

I hope you enjoy this project!  Please let me know if you have any questions! (designwithink@gmail.com)  Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

February Fancy Blue!

Time for this month's Stampin' Fancy Friday challenge! And this one is a GOOD one!  Are you ready for SOMETHING BLUE?!  Colors :   C...