Thursday, July 5, 2012

UnWinning Artisan Award Entry...Card #2

Here is the third project (out of 10) I submitted for Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Award Contest this year.  Click HERE to see my second project (and be linked to my first project) if you missed them!  I am sharing another card with you because that's the most of what I have to share!  :)  (We had to submit 5 cards, 3 scrapbook layouts, and 2 3D projects.)
So what do you think?!  Ok...before you tell me...here are some close-up's of details.  (As is the case with all the Artisan projects...it's all about the DETAILS!  Each project looks SO much better in person than what I was able to capture with the camera.)

The background was embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder to make it stand out a bit more and sparkle.  And once again...used the Color Spritzer to spritz some tone on tone color onto the card...
Wanted to repeat the small scallop border on multiple elements to tie it together so I did it under the banner as well.  Love the pearls under the banner also.  And just FYI...the patterned hearts are embossed with the same Iridescent Ice powder.  Then the small heart is covered with Crystal Effects so it pops and looks 3D.  Then there is the pearl in the middle of all the hearts...
Then the largest heart is punched out from the pink cardstock and the Newsprint Designer Paper is behind it.  So the Melon Mambo card front is up on dimensionals to give it a 3D look.
You can see from the side view, hopefully, how I have the layers.  It really popped in real life.

And of course I decorated the inside just a titch...
Added the scallops on top and bottom here, and you can't see the image below the heart, but I stamped it in VersaMark and added the element on top.  Here is a better picture where hopefully you can see it...
Maybe you still can't see it...but it's there!  :)  And shimmer-y under the Modern Label punch.

Hope you enjoy this card!  I appreciate you visiting my blog!  And for my USA friends... I hope you had a FABULOUS 4th of July!  I LOVE the 4th and spent the whole day with my family and fun friends!

Thanks again for visiting!

1 comment:

Erika Clark said...

Superb! I love the dimension on the hearts. Very pretty and colorful! erika

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...