Tuesday, July 3, 2012

UnWinning Artisan Award Entry...Scrapbook Page #1

Sisters, sisters...calling all sisters!  That is the theme of the 2nd  Artisan Award Entry (that didn't win :( ) that I am showing you.  I wasn't raised with any sisters...just have brothers.  (Three WONDERFUL brothers though!  :) )  But I cherish my two girls and am SO thankful that no matter what...they have each other in life.  They are MY favorite pair of sisters!  :)  So on to the project...
So I have to admit it...I LOVE this page.  I love all the details..the white space...the flowers...and OF COURSE...my beautiful daughters on the page!  :)  Again...SO many details that are hard to capture in a photo. But did take some closer-up pictures.  First of all...the main page is a textured cardstock page.  But it is trimmed down a bit and mounted on a smooth cardstock page.  Just love the little detail it added.

And LOVE the title.  I seem to always do this when I want to make something pop.  But here I cut out the letters with my Big Shot (and this alphabet is now retired.  :(  So sad...LOVE this one!!!), spritzed them with the color spritzer, and then put on a thick layer of Crystal Effects (an overlooked product in the catalog for sure!  LOVE this stuff!  Makes a flat image totally pop or can be used as a super adhesive glue!).  Here is a close-up...
I stamped some of the flowers from the "Button Buddies" stamp set on the textured part of the cardstock.  Love the look that gives.  Also sponged edges and spritzed with the color spritzer.

Here are some close-up's of the flowers...

LOVE these flowers!  Sponged all the edges...added quite a bit more of Crystal Effects in the middle...and they just POP!  This would definitely be a page that you would frame in a shadowbox frame.  (I am going to make me another and do just that I believe.  :) )

Here is a close-up of the center of the largest flower...
I loved the row of brads that I added...but I wanted them more shiny.  Crystal Effects to the rescue!  I added just a touch of it on the tops of the brads and it made them glossy brads!  Love it!  :)  Then the flag I spritzed with the Color Spritzer and sponged the edges and on the middle.  And the ribbon is Whisper White Satin ribbon with the In Color ruffled ribbon on top of it...
 Then here is just a side view so you can see how everything pops off the page...
Hope you enjoy this scrapbook page!  Thanks for visiting!  And THANK YOU so much for the comments yesterday!  :)  Emails and posted!  You guys are awesome and I so appreciate it!  If you missed yesterday's post and would like to see my first UnWinning Artisan Award entry then CLICK HERE

Thanks again!

3 comments:

Dusty and Megan said...

I want this page for myself. It is so cute. LOVE those flowers!

Kristin Moore said...

OMG, this page is just AMAZING!! So many details yet such a simple look- love love love your style! Will try to copy this some day! Sorry you didn't win. I'm sharing in your disappointment as well.

Unknown said...

Oh my!!! This page is amazing!! And you know that you are a winner in my book any day!!!

I will be featuring this beautiful layout on My Crafty Picks #71 with a link back to your blog on 7-8-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

Have a great day!!
Tiffany Bauer
http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...