Sunday, September 5, 2010

Fancy Flower Focal...

This card was a lot of fun to make. And very quick also! Not a ton of stamping. Instead...the punches take Center Stage. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Fancy Flower Extra Large punch. I use it ALL the time!!! And I have been really loving it with the Dot, Dot, Dot single stamp. I just stamp those fabulous dots on cardstock first, punch out a circle, and adhere it to the middle of the flower. Too much fun!
The punches I used here: Scallop Edge Border, Fancy Flower, 1 3/8" Circle, and the NEW Decorative Label punch that is in the Holiday Mini!!!! SO FABULOUS!!! Colors I used: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Rose Red, and the color I can NOT get away from...Crumb Cake! The Designer Series Paper is Nursery Suite Specialty. Yes....this paper is designed for babies. But SO VERSATILE! I love the patterns in it for any day use! Here is a close up of the focal point...
I just punched everything out, sponged all the edges in Chocolate Chip, and then layered it all together. Again...had to use a button. :) Rose Red again...just the biggest one in the pack. (Can I tell you again HOW MUCH I LOVE these buttons?!?!? :) ) I love layering punched images...it's too much fun. Oh...and that strip of Chocolate Chip is textured cardstock...love the extra pop that gives. And of course I HAVE to use my Big Shot! :) Had to use the Polka Dot background on this card. I ran a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Crumb Cake through the Big Shot with the Polka Dot embossing folder. Then sponged the edges in Chocolate Chip and mounted it to my card front. I just like the extra pop that gives!

Anyway...enough details on this simple card! Hope you enjoy! Thanks for visiting!!!

1 comment:

Bobby Sue said...

I think I might have to get this flower punch! You just do so many cute things with it!

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...