Sunday, January 24, 2010

Waste Not, Want Not...RIGHT?!

The next class I am doing, we are making a "LOVE" chipboard book, using the Heart Chipboard Book in the Mini catalog. This is how the Chipboard Books start out...
They are actually bigger than I thought they would be. The chipboard square is about 6 1/2" square...FYI. Now...I posted HERE how they look when they are decorated. But when I popped the heart shape out of the chipboard square, I just could NOT part with those pieces. I thought that they would just be too much fun on another project. So today I played a bit. And came up with a card I really do "love" a whole lot. :) I don't know if it's ok to say that on something you came up with...but I can't help it. It's so sparkly and fun. Here it is...
Isn't that FUN! Can you see that the red sparkly is the leftover chipboard?! (I have a side view down below so maybe you can see it better there.) I covered the chipboard in Real Red Craft ink and then embossed it with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. SO MUCH FUN! Then I cut out the letters with the Simple Alphabet Big Shot Diesand embossed with the Polka Dot embossing folder. And then added pink accents of all kinds. :) Seriously....it looks SO FABULOUS in real life and I really do love it!!! Sparkly Chipboard, sparkly Designer Series Paper (have I told you HOW MUCH I LOVE the "Sending Love" Designer Series Paper that is in the mini?!), it's just SPARKLY!!! Here are some more views...

Some letters are up on dimensionals...some aren't. Just wanted to add some more interest. And check out the sparkle (as much I can capture in a picture)...

And then a side view...
So there you go!!! Your thoughts?!! :) Oh...and the card is 6 1/2" x 6"...FYI.
NOW...to fit this heart on the card, I trimmed the top and bottom just a tad. WELL....I couldn't waste THOSE sparkly strips now...COULD I?! :) So this is the card I made with those...

How FABULOUS are THOSE sparkly strips?! :) This card is lots of fun too! I took four of the embossed hearts from the mini (it's the embosslit that cuts out and embosses at the same time using the Big Shot...LOVE IT) and adhered them together to make the flower. Then added some fun embellishments in the middle and some leaves on the side. VOILA!! Fun flower!!!! And again...some sparkly Designer Series Paper in the middle of the sparkly strips. OH...I also sprayed the "flower" with my shimmer paint spray! ANOTER SPARKLY project!!!! And then the saying is from a wonderful Sale-A-Bration stamp set! :) (Oh...and the flower stamped in the background is from the set that coordinates with the Sending Love paper....can't remember the name at the moment.) Here is a close up of the sparkly strip and the embossed flower...
I had a lot of fun making these cards, so hope you enjoy viewing them! Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

Kasia said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it, I love all the glitter!!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Sooo gorgeous! LOVIN all the glitter!
Kristy x

Bobby Sue said...

You are so amazing!!! These both are just so awesome!!!

Stephanie said...

Waste not - is right!!! LOVE IT!! You continually amaze me girl!! Way to go!

Maxine Conrad said...

Thank you Ashley! I was thinking the same thing...HOW can I throw these away! Lovely project my friend :) x

brandi said...

I would have just set aside those frames in my ever growing pile of stuff that would be cute on a project. YOU are better because you made something great! Love it!!

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...