Friday, December 11, 2009

Very Effective Therapy Session!!!

I took some time tonight to have some "therapy" for myself. :) I'm SURE there are other people that use stamping as their personal therapy. Today was just one of those days. The days that, although nothing bad happens, they just aren't good days. SO...I went stamping! And let me tell you...I had SO MUCH FUN! SERIOUS fun!!!! And I have to say...this project is a 100% Ashley creation. I just started playing around with stuff, and about 3 hours later had this! (What? It takes a bit to get the measurements just right on boxes and I wasn't in any sort of hurry! :) ) Anyway....so hope you enjoy!!! I made another slider box. I didn't start out with the intention of doing all this, but I just kept going. :) So here she is in all her glory...


Isn't she WONDERFUL!!! I mean...come on! I am not trying to toot my own horn here, but I AM IN LOVE with this! Don't know what it is specifically, but I LOVE IT! I don't think I'll ever be able to part with this. :) And just so you know....those flowers are a Big Shot die. And YES!!!! One that is on sale for the next 11 days!!!! It's the Flower Layers w/Leaf Bigz die. CLICK HERE if you don't know what I'm talking about. :)
Here is just a close-up of the flowers. In the center I used one of my FAVORITE accessories...our CORDUROY brads! These add such a fun texture to any project. These are the Kraft ones, FYI. Now...what did I do inside this box?! Well...do you want to see? You just grab that ribbon pull, and pull the box bottom on out! And this is what you see...
LOOK AT ALL THESE FUN TAGS!!! Each size in their own separate compartment! Here is a close-up of that...Ok...so the tags are really what I set out to make tonight. I just wanted to make some fun tags using the Two Tags Bigz die. And YES!!! This is another one that is on sale! (Again...CLICK HERE if you don't know what I'm talking about.) And let me tell you...this is one FABULOUS die!!!! So if you don't have this one already, you need it. :) Anyway...I made a total of 8 tags...4 of each shape. And the box came because OF COURSE I needed something to put them in! :)
For your viewing pleasure...here are the scallop ones...
I wanted to have some different occasion tags. So we have Christmas, Birthday, Wedding/Love, and an any occasion. I also have pics of the tags individually. This may seem a bit excessive with the pictures, but each tag really does have lost of detail and I wanted to share. :)

The butterfly has glitter on all the white parts of the flower. (This is one of my most fave butterflies. I just LOVE this guy!) And then the Designer Series Paper is just folded and creased along to bottom to create that fun ruffle.
This one I wasn't sure about when I started, but ended up really liking it. I love banners on project. :) And although you can't see it in the pic...I sprayed some shimmer spray on the hearts so they sparkle in real life. :)

And pink and brown cupcake tag....can you get any better?! :) And WITH GLITTER! :) I mean...come on...really! :)
And perfect for this time of year...a Christmas tag. I really love this stamp set. I've had lots of fun with it this year. For the ornament stamped on the tag itself...I used Close to Cocoa ink and just stamped it first on scratch paper and then stamped on the Kraft tag, without re-inking. This gives a nice light background look. And of course had to add some bling with a Clear Rhinestone Brad! :)
Now here are the "folded" tags. Forgot to take a picture of one opened, but you can see how that one part just tucks in to slit. Then when you open them up, I just stamped the "To: From" stamp on the inside. On to the tags...
Again...same concept. I wanted tags for different occasions. So again...a Christmas, Birthday, and two anytime ones. Here are some individual shots...

Love this bird!!! He comes from the "Best Wishes and More" stamp set. I added the faux stitching with my Rich Razzleberry marker. I thought it really made him pop.
How about some fun party hats?! I realized that I was making all the tags pretty girly so thought I would have a try at a more boyish one. I really like this color combo. It's Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, and Pumpkin Pie. I actually stamped all the party hats in a row by just coloring them all with markers. But then I stamped it all again, cut it all out, glued some down flat and then put the Crushed Curry ones on dimensionals. I also added brads to the top of the Crushed Curry ones. I need to use this color combo again for sure! :)
Here's a tag that would be perfect to put on those neighbor/co-worker/etc. gifts this year! I love that little house! :)
And finally....how about an "amazing" tag?! :) I love this color combo as well. All I did was stamp the word stamp three times...once on Whisper White (which I then just punched the whole thing out), once on Melon Mambo, and once on Crushed Curry. I cut out the words I wanted in each color and adhered them over the Whisper White with dimensionals. I also did the paper ruffle with the Designer Series Paper here...but kinda covered it up so you can't tell.
PHEW! That was a long post! SORRY for all my chattiness too! But what can I say?! I REALLY love this project! (Plus...it's way too late for me...1:30am and I am chatty when I'm tired. So sorry!) Oh...and I'm sorry I don't have measurements for the box. That's what I get when I start from scratch and switch things around all the time. I can't remember what I did! :) But I will try to figure it out, if you are interested! :)
Thanks for visiting! Hope you enjoy!!!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

WOW all I can say is you are amazing!! Also that would be a great christmas present for your favorite cousin by marriage! j/k :)

Megan said...

Ok, you weren't kidding last night. This project is SO much fun! And, I'm sure it is even more fabulous in real life. SO SO SO much fun! I am glad you called me last night to tell me about it. :) I definitely want to go play with this die now. :)

Bobby Sue said...

Those are all so awesome! Can I come do therapy with you next time! I know I could use some right now! Plus I need some inspiration for my January Birthday cards before January gets here! Ahhhh!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Wow Ashley! What a great crafting session you had! I cant wait to one day have a craft sess with you!
Kristy x

Pam said...

Love these!!! Can't wait to try my hand at them! Pam

Jill said...

I love love love all your latest projects. You are so amazing. I want to live by you and stamp with you everyday and be in your club!!!!!

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...