Wednesday, December 9, 2009

December Club...

Club Day! We had some fun projects this month for club. FYI...I'm starting a new club in January! Let me know if you would like to get/make projects like these for FREE each month!!!! This is the first project. It's a fun Christmas card...

We used the Movers & Shapers Die to cut out the ornament in the middle. Then...we just used the ornament punch...punched out four of them, and made that 3D ornament to go inside. The best thing...it folds flat so you can mail it! I really love this card. I forgot to take a picture of the inside where the ornament is actually adhered. But here is a close-up of the front...
Let me know if you have any questions on it!
Next project is a fun Hot Chocolate holder...
On the front...although you probably can't see it in the picture....I used that Shimmer Spray made with the Shimmer Paints that are in the mini catalog. (Which by the way...you have until January 4th to get anything out of the mini that you want!!!) But here is a close-up...
And then a top view so you can see the Hot Chocolate...
And finally...the inside. This project is so easy to make. And it is so easy to switch the measurements around to have it fit whatever you want it to fit.
The measurements I used are:
Cut an 8 1/2" x 8 1/2" square. Score at 3 3/4". Rotate 180 degrees and score at 3 3/4" again. Then rotate 90 degrees and score at 3". Then just fold together in to your holder, use your bone folder to get a good crease, and secure the two OUTSIDE edges with Sticky Strip. (You don't want ANY adhesive in the middle portion.)
Hope you enjoy! Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Bobby Sue said...

Love the card!!! And that is so cute with the cocoa! Wish I had gotten these! Would love to see the inside of the card.

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing the measurements for the hot chocolate holder! these are so cute! I think I will make a few for my daughter to give to her friends for Christmas!

dawnd said...

such a great idea and I am like you - I am love, love, LOVING this stamp set! thanks for sharing all your great ideas - I love your blog!!

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...