Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Pretty Pennant...

In THIS POST I promised that I would show you some ideas with some of the dies that are on sale. So here are a few ideas using the Pennant Die. This die is SO MUCH FUN! Here is what it looks like...
All you do is fold your cardstock in half, place the FOLDED side right against the straight edge of the pennant, and run through your Big Shot. Then when it's cut out, you unfold it, and have your pennant! ALSO...I use the scallops that are on there ALL the time!! The 1 3/4" Circle fits perfectly on there, so I use it a whole lot. Anyway....last night we had a Christmas social for all the women in my church. I wanted to make a fun banner so this is the one I made...
Forgot to take a picture of it there, but I hung it in front of the food table. Don't know if you noticed...but "Christmas" is spelled out in all the scallops hanging from the bottom. Here is a close up of one of the pennants...
It really was fun to make and pretty quick as well. I also made one for a Princess Birthday Party the other weekend that my daughter was going to. (Forgot to take a picture of it....ooops!!) But it's so much fun to make your own customized banners. By the way....I used the large pennant (the one in the upper left corner of the picture of the die.) This die is great to do other things with as well! For this next project I used the smaller pennant. I ALSO used the Tulipe die on this next one (it's on sale as well!). Anyway...I cut out two pennants, and then sticky striped them together to make a pouch. Here is what I made...
HOW CUTE is this little Rudolf holder?! I actually made a large one of these last year for one of our club projects. They really are a blast to make and SO easy! Then a perfect pouch to put some treats in for anyone! Here is a close-up of his antlers, which is done with the Tulipe die. (I just cut out the piece I wanted.)
Then here it is hanging on my front door. How fun would he be to make and hang on kids doors with a surprise treat (you could do bookmarks, pencils, stickers, etc. to avoid the sugar) inside each morning during your countdown to Christmas. Or a great package for a gift card. There are TONS of things you can do with this!! Anyway...the picture...
He's just SO CUTE!! I hope you enjoy! Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Oww this is super cute!
Kristy x

Pam said...

Oh, how I wish it were November so I could make a bunch if these to give my neighbors their treats (warm sugared-pecans, so yummy!!)! And my hubby's a pretty popular Santa (the real beard gets 'em)...these would be great to give to each family!!
Let's see...it's the 22nd; how many can I make in 2 days?!!
Pam from Price

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...