Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Convention Displays...

It really was fun being able to design some projects for convention display boards. It was a fabulous challenge, and hopefully I will get to do it again one of these years. :) Here is a big sign that was right before you saw the displays. It was a surprise to see this, since I didn't know they were doing it. I circled my name so you could see it. :)

And here a few of the cards I made...
I really love this color combo. This card was fun. I actually did a lot of embossing on my projects...because I felt that would make things show up better when they were hanging on the display boards. Here is a close-up of the card...

This image is from the "Sweet Season" stamp set. I stamped it twice in Real Red and punched one out with the Scallop Circle punch and one with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch. Then I layered a 1 3/8" Real Red circle in between. I love the look that this gives. Too much fun. Then I just inked up the saying stamp with a Chocolate Chip marker so I just got the part I wanted.
On to another card... This card uses the "Hello Again" stamp set. The images in this set are small, and so I decided I would make my own Designer Paper. :) That was one of the major challenges for me in making these samples. I had VERY limited Designer Series Paper to use because I could use nothing that had last year's In Color's. Which was practically every one. :) And I LOVE Designer Paper. SO....I made my own. Here is a close-up...
I put some textured card stock on the bottom (I LOVE the detail that adds to any project!) and again embossed the "celebrate you" phrase. I also love those jumbo brads...they are the 5/16" size. I put one in the center of the flower and then 2 more up on the top left corner. Love them. This card is cuter in real life, but hope you enjoy!

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Gorgeous Ahsley, very inspirational im sure everyone loved your display.
xo

Kasia said...

so cute! I love all your projects! So what guidelines did SU give you? did they tell you to use certain colors?

Megan said...

Hey! Where is the cute picture of you next to your name?! :) I love all the displays you made, so fun!

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...