Friday, May 22, 2009

Birdie Fun...

WOW! It's been awhile! This week has flown by. I thought it had only been a few days since I posted...not almost a whole WEEK!!!! What can I say? It was my anniversary this week, we're having a family BBQ for my daughter's birthday this weekend, and just lots going on! :) BUT...I do have something fun for you today! This is a 2-4-6-8 box. They are super easy to make and so much fun. You can make them as tall or as short as you want. For this one I used a 8.5x8.5 square piece of card stock. I scored one side at 2, 4, 6, and 8. (Hence the name of the box! :) ) Then turn your cardstock and score other side at 2. Cut up to that score line to make the flaps to fold the box together and cut out the smallest piece to make the flap. Then just adhere together. If you have any questions...let me know! On to the box...

I LOVE this color combo, paper, stamp set, EVERYTHING. :) I make the box out of Chocolate Chip card stock and then adhered the Designer Paper (ON SALE THIS MONTH! Buy 3, get one FREE!!) on the panels.

Here is a side view. Once I had the box made and the Designer Series Paper adhered on all the sides, I just pinched the top together. Then I punched two holes through it all with my Crop-A-Dile and tied my ribbon. Easy, peasy.

Now...for the bird I wanted him a bit more sturdy. So I actually stamped him on the backing of the white card board piece that comes with the Designer Series Paper. (Don't want to waste, right?! :) ) I was going to stamp him on Whisper White card stock first, then cut him out and adhere him on the card board. BUT...it was 1am when I was doing this and I was getting tired. :) So I skipped that step. More info than you cared to know, I'm sure. :)
Then one last piece of info. The "good" in the "good friend" sentiment, I colored with VersaMarker. Then I embossed with clear emboss powder. So it pops a lot more in real life.
Hope you enjoy! Thanks for visiting! :)

2 comments:

Bobby Sue said...

Cute! Looks like I'd get lost though. :)

Megan said...

I love this! I still need to get that set so I can make this fun box to. :) Great job...you are so talented! :)

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...