Monday, May 11, 2009

Pretties Fun...

Sorry I've been slacking on the blogging. What can I say? It's been hard trying to play "catch-up" after our vacation. But I wanted to share this card. I made this card originally for the Color Inspiration Challenge I did awhile ago. But then I wanted to change it a bit, but still keep the same basic layout. You can see the one I submitted HERE. On to this card...
This flower is from the Pretties Kit. I LOVE these flowers. There are so many different things you can do with them. Below you can see that I just stamped directly on to the flower with my Polka Dot Background stamp...

And that YUMMY Corduroy Brad in the center! FABULOUS! :) Then here is a tin I altered with one of these same flowers...

I just sticky striped some ribbon around it, then made the flower accent to put on front. I colored this flower in with a Aqua Painter and some ink refill. This was really fun to do. Then I just made my center for the flower (a circle designer brad here) and all done. Hope you enjoy! Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

Bobby Sue said...

I made a card with this color combo too! Love it! It's what I'm making for my June birthday cards for RS.

for2nately said...

Hi Ashley!
Love the polka dots on your flower! Super cute!
I nominated you for the Lemonade Stand Award for your awesome attitude and gratitude! just go to my blog to get your award!
http://thefortunatestamper.blogspot.com/2009/05/my-first-blog-award.html
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Megan said...

Super cute card! I love the turquoise polka dots on the flower! :)

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

So cute and such a clever idea!
Kristy xo

A Little Birthday Love ...

I am a big fan of wrapping a birthday gift in a fun & special way.  However ... I will preface it by saying it is NEVER a necessity.  😁...