Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Fun With Punches...

I really love using punches for projects. You can do such cute and fun things with them. I wanted to showcase a little critter I made with punches on a fun project, so I decided to do a Clear Envelope Album. There is a tutorial HERE for the album. Then I've seen this little frog all over the place, and just kept him in the back of my mind in the "I want to do that someday" place. :) So I don't know where I originally got the inspiration. Sorry! I basically took the album I did HERE and just made it a bit more "boyish" or just less frilly. Here is the project:
How much fun is this! Here's the bummer...I forgot to take a picture of the inside of the book. I used 5 Clear Envelopes for mine, and then cut different color card stock for the inserts. I used Green Galore, Gable Green, and Apricot Appeal. (I just pulled the colors from the Designer Series Paper.)
Then HOW CUTE is that frog?! Love him. And HOW DELICIOUS is that JUMBO brad?! Those are the new Jumbo brads, the 5/8" size. Anyway: here are the pieces for the frog...
  • Wide Oval for face
  • 1 3/4" Circle for body
  • Large Oval for legs (you need 2)
  • Boho Blossoms punch for the feet (again...you need 2...one for each leg :) )
  • 3/4" Circle for white of eye
  • 1/2" Circle for black of eye

Then I just used a white gel pen to draw in the little white on the black of the eye. And i used a Basic Black Stampin' Write marker for the smile and just drew it myself. Isn't he just precious! :) Love him.

3 comments:

Me said...

He is sooooo cute. Seriously, when do you have time to do all your cuteness?! I guess I used to do more when my kids were younger...and there were fewer of them. I am just outnumbered these days. Love your stuff!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Oh Ashley this is absolutly gorgeous! LOve it.
Kristy xo

Bobby Sue said...

So Cute!

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...