Thursday, March 5, 2009

Masculine Birthday...

A quick post today. I struggle sometimes with masculine cards. I always want to add ribbon and fun fluffy stuff. Well, I have used this layout before, and really like it. Then I had some Designer Series Paper laying around from the Paper Sampler packs I did. I thought this would be a great way to put them to use. Then instead of ribbon...I just used a strip of Baja Breeze textured card stock. I think textured card stock adds such a fun...well....texture....to the card. :) Helps me not use ribbon if there is some other texture on the card. :) Hehe. Anyway: hope you enjoy!
Both cards are the same...just use different Designer Series Paper from the Manchester pack.
( Look at those NEW YUMMY CHOCOLATE CHIP BRADS!!! I LOVE LOVE them!!! They are the 5/16th size...FYI)
Enjoy! Let me know if you have any questions!

4 comments:

Kasia said...

I love those brads too!

lindsey s. said...

so funny! i totally just made a card exactly like this on monday.... i was cruising your blog and found a different card just like this one... i was just going to post it on my blog... how weird. i love the paper on yours. thanks for the inspiration :) you're awesome

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

OOh very nice, great male card. LOVE those choc chip brads :)

Unknown said...

love these cards!!!! I know what you mean about making guy cards! So hard but you did a great job!!!

A Little Birthday Love ...

I am a big fan of wrapping a birthday gift in a fun & special way.  However ... I will preface it by saying it is NEVER a necessity.  😁...