Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Cap & Gown Continued!

Here is round 2 of graduation cards that I made with the Cap & Gown Stamp Set from Stampin' Up!  The first one is posted in THIS POST. And here is the next one! 

Colors Gray Granite, Coastal Cabana, Basic White, Basic Black
Inks: Coastal Cabana, Gray Granite, StazOn Jet Black, VersaMark BLENDS: Pecan Pie
Cardstock/Papers: Basic White, Basic Black, Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper
Stamps: Cap & Gown
Tools:  So Swirly Embossing Folder, Pocket Thoughts Dies, Round We Go Dies, Heat Tool, Water Painter
Accessories: Baker's Twine Essentials Pack, Basics Embossing Powder

This potentially could be my favorite card that I made.  Haha.  I LOVE watercoloring, & I love how this watercoloring turned out.  I made one a bit lighter, and one a bit darker.  And then I still am using those fun tassels that I have saved for a few years! 😍

Also have a fun little tip to share.  See that fun detail on the bottom of the watercolored panel?!  I did this in the first card that I shared, but I have a picture today to show you how I did it. 

You first cut out one of these die-cut shapes from the Round We Go Dies ...  then follow the directions on the photo! 


So much fun, huh?!  More photos below highlighting each of the cards individually!




I did color the stamped tassel with the Light Pecan Pie Blends Marker, after I watercolored the rest of the panel.  But the basic steps to this are: stamp image in Versamark & emboss with white embossing powder.  Then color!  I let each color dry before moving on to the next color.  The last thing I did was color the tassel with the Blends marker.




Of course I also added the little pocket to the inside of these cards also!  I really love this a whole bunch! 😍


Thank you so much for visiting!  Please let me know if you have any questions!  Would love to help you with all your papercrafting needs!  Also ... if you live in the United States and need some Stampin' Up! supplies ... would love to help!

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Forever Forest Father's Day!

Yes, Father's Day has passed.  I apologize that I am just now sharing this card!  However this is a great card, in my opinion , to use a...