Monday, March 28, 2011

Baby Gift Fun...

Our good friends had a baby about 3 weeks before we had Madison. It's their 5th kid...4th boy...so they kinda have all the baby stuff they "needed" for him. Well...you can never have enough blankets...and I had something I wanted to try...so I went for it. But I'm first going to show you the card I made... I love the "Fox and Friends" set and I think the whale is my fave image. :) And add some layered punched images, and you have a fun focal point. The color combo is Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Pear Pizazz, and Marina Mist. Here is a close-up...
Love that whale! :) And then finally...here is the quilt I made...
Do you not LOVE the dino fabric! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!! And have to say...again...I do NOT sew! This was a BIG project for me to do! (And just hoping it doesn't fall apart! :) I washed it a few times before I gave it to them and it didn't so hopefully it won't! :) ) But I had this idea to make a bigger scallop with the 5" scallop square die. And it actually worked!!!!! I just folded a fabric square in half both ways, and laid it so it only cut out 2 of the scallop sides. Then unfold the scallop square and you have about a 9" square!!!!! I LOVE LOVE the versatility and how well it worked! It worked out better than I thought it would. Then I just sewed all the scallop squares together and you have this fun rag quilt! Here is a bit of a close-up...
And I realize you can't really tell the size of the squares...but again..it's about 9" square. And here it is all wrapped up ready to give to them...
Now I need to make my own to keep! It was quite fun to make! The only hard part was giving it away!!! :) But that is also the fun part as well! : )


Hope you enjoy! Thanks for visiting!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That quilt is stinkin' cute Ashley!!! I love the card too!! Miss you!!

February Fancy Blue!

Time for this month's Stampin' Fancy Friday challenge! And this one is a GOOD one!  Are you ready for SOMETHING BLUE?!  Colors :   C...