Monday, March 14, 2011

Decorate With Stampin' Up!...

First of all...let me just say...getting a new laptop is fun...but also a bit of a pain. Re-installing all your programs, getting all your pictures back on, etc, etc. AND...the kicker...finding out the pictures and documents that you backed up on an external hard drive from your old computer didn't REALLY backup. So pause for freaking out that your pictures from the last almost 2 years were GONE!!! Oh...and being 9 months pregnant so REALLY emotional about it all anyway!!! Well...THANK HEAVENS for a FABULOUS computer guy that we know that got them all back for me!!!!

Anyway...lately I have been doing a little decorating around our house. Painted our dining room a fun green. Doing green, black, and pops of bright pink. Well...this is a horrible picture...but hung a mirror and wanted something over it. So Stampin' Up! Decor Elements to the rescue! I LOVE this image of all the different welcoming words so hung this up...

Now the lighting is HORRIBLE in this picture. I will try to take it again so you can really see the green. I think I'm going to add a pink Upsy Daisy decor element to the corner of the mirror to add some pink there also. :) But in the mirror you may see something that you would like to see a close-up of. Well...here you go....
I sometimes have a hard time finding things in stores that fit what I want for a space. So once again...Stampin' Up! supplies to the rescue!!!! These FABULOUS frames are in the Decor Elements catalog and I think they get passed over. They are a 12x12 frame, have about 1" thick sides, and then a 4x4 cut out in the middle. They come all white. I just added some Basic Black Designer Series Paper (from the Neutrals paper stack) to the frames. Then used my BIG SHOT (LOVE this thing!) and some accessories to finish decorating. I cut out some butterflies and the words from Melon Mambo textured cardstock. Well...here are pics of each of the frames separately...
The flowers are the Paper Daisies that you buy in a pack. The Designer Series Paper behind the butterflies is what is actually "framed". It's from the Hostess Paper pack that you get FREE and it's in Blushing Bride. Then I added the butterfly (with some rhinestones!!!) to the glass of the frame...
To make the butterflies I cut out two of them and curled the wings a bit with my Bone Folder. Then adhered them together so they were 3-dimensional. Added the rhinestones and then just adhered them right to the glass of the frame.
Here is the fun flower/button/taffeta ribbon combo...
And that's it. It was pretty easy and so much fun to make!!! I hope you enjoyed this project. I have to admit....I love going into my dining room and seeing them. They make me happy. :)
Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Sarah Ogden said...

Dont you just love the decor elements. I love the one you put up. Is that one the small, med, or large? I have found that the decals are often larger than the demensions in the book
Thanks
Sarah

Love your blg

brandi said...

a post the day before your baby comes. impressive. Congrats on the revival of your pics, your beautiful dining room, and the arrival of Madison!
xoxoxo

February Fancy Blue!

Time for this month's Stampin' Fancy Friday challenge! And this one is a GOOD one!  Are you ready for SOMETHING BLUE?!  Colors :   C...