Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Gift Card Holder Swap...

Wow! Once again...SORRY it's been so long!!! Geez! I meant to post while I was at convention! But since I only got 5-6 hours a sleep each night anyway...I could take any of that precious time to post. SORRY! :) I will make up for it though...I have lots to share so I should be posting regularly again. :)

First thing I want to show you is what I made for an organized "GIFT CARD HOLDER" swap. (An organized swap is a swap that a specific person sets up with a specific theme.) I have seen these around online a lot...so this isn't my original idea. I thought it was so much fun though...

What gal of any age wouldn't love a purse with some money to spend inside?! :) And of course I had to use a pink and brown color combo! I used the Top Note die and Big Shot for the flap. The bottom is a 6x6 piece of Designer Series Paper...cut at an angel to make the sides. Here is a close-up of the flower...
I used textured cardstock for the scallop piece because I LOVE that stuff and the subtle difference it makes. Then the flower is from the "For All You Do" stamp set. I actually did two different color combos...
The one on the left is Regal Rose Designer Paper. Then the flower and scallop are Melon Mambo. The one on the right is Melon Mambo Designer Paper with Pretty in Pink flower and scallop. I did this because I just needed one pack of the FABULOUS Brights Paper Pack! Can I EVEN begin to tell you HOW MUCH I LOVE THAT STUFF?!?!?! I love that you get tons of the colors with one pack! I've been having a TON of fun with it! Anyway...back to the purse...here is the inside...
I put my business card inside where the gift card would go. Isn't it SO MUCH FUN! And with double sided Designer Paper...it is SO EASY to decorate!!!
Thanks for visiting! Hope you enjoy!!!!

1 comment:

Bobby Sue said...

I totally want to make one of these for next time I give a gift card! Too bad that most of the people I give gift cards too is boys. Guess they are getting purses. :)

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...