Saturday, July 31, 2010

Fabric Swap...

Sorry I haven't posted everyday this week. We have family visiting and have five extra kids in our house. (Ages were nine down to almost two.) We also had some neighborhood kids spend lots of time with us as well...at one point we had 11 kids under nine years old here. :) It's been fun...but crazy!!!

One of the organized swaps I was in at convention was a Fabric Swap. We just needed to make some item with fabric like a quilt square or something like that. Well...I wanted to do a home decor piece and this is what I came up with...
This is a fabric flower on an 8x10 stretched canvas. The flower was made out of the Clear Fabric die for the biggest flower and the Flower Folds die for the smaller die. Then I used a variety of ribbons from the Brights Collection as well as the Neutrals Collection. This one is using a Kraft button. The "smile" was done with the Simple Letters dies and done in Rose Red cardstock. The stem is made of 5/8" Old Olive grosgrain ribbon. Here is a close-up of the flower...
(Although don't look too close at the sewing. I'm not so good yet!!!!) And here is a close-up of the word...
I actually had quite a bit of fun making these. You could make a whole series of these with varying flower heights and words and hang them around your house. (That's kinda my plan.) You could use a bigger canvas and do lots of flowers on one as well. Too many fun things to do! :)
Hope you enjoy! Thanks for visiting!!!

No comments:

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...