Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Matchbook Mini Album...Pizzazzy!

Could it be? Did I really have ANOTHER enlightened moment! Ok...now I'm NOT saying I am the first one to think of doing this. However...I have not seen one before so it was an enlightened moment for me. :) I wanted to do a Matchbook Fold Card. Well....I have mini albums on my brain because I have to make one for something. So as I was thinking about the card...I DECIDED TO TURN IT INTO AN ALBUM!!! Again...I'm sure there are a ton of smart people out there that have already done one of these. But it was a first for me. So here it is...my Matchbook Mini Album! I don't usually like figuring out measurements and how it would work and stuff, but it turned out FUN! :) And OF COURSE I had to use a new stamp set...Petal Pizazz. I LOVE this stamp set. It was a "I have to have it RIGHT now" stamp set for me. :) ***If you are interested...measurements for the album will be at the bottom of this post.***On to the album...
So...this is how it works. The cover of the album is tucked under the left hand side "flap" portion. Just like a matchbook...hence the name.

Here is a Bird's Eye View of the album. I tried to bow it out a bit so you can see how the cover is tucked in to the left hand side.A close up of the flower. I used one of Stampin' Up!'s AMAZING new Designer Hardware for the center of the flower. Now.....you only get one of each style in a package so you know I had to love this project to add this to it. :) I'm a hoarder of embellishments I don't have a lot of. :) By the way...I used CLEAR Rhinestone brads here! YES! I don't have to hoard the ones in my Pretties Kit anymore because Stampin' Up! now sells them individually!!!! (Well, in a package of them..not one by one. :) But you know what I mean.)

Now here is the album opened. There are 4 decorated pages. All stamped with that fabulous stamp set! :) Here is page 1. The pages are secured under those 2 brads.
Page 2. Each page is score 1" in, so that you can turn each page easy. (That leaves the finished page measuring 4 1/2" x 4 1/4".)
Page 3.

Page 4. I love the stamp set "warm words" and thought that went great with this album. I like how each page (and the cover) has a word and the paper piercing. I think it ties it all together.
MEASUREMENTS AND DIRECTIONS
1. Cut your card stock cover to 4 1/2" x 12". I used Chocolate Chip textured card stock here.
2. Score card stock cover (with the 12" end butted up against your cutter) at 7/8", 1", 6 3/4". (These are the measurements if you use just 4 pages. You made need to make a bigger "spine" if you add more pages. The 7/8" and the 1" score lines are what make the spine.)
3. Cut your pages to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I used Very Vanilla for my pages.
4. Score pages at 1" with the 5 1/2" end butted up against your cutter. (This will make it easy to fold up the page to view the next page.
5. Insert your pages into the card stock cover you created. Line up the edge of your pages, with the 1" score line at the left, with the inside of the "spine" you made with your two score lines.
6. Punch 2 holes with your Crop-a-dile for brads. This will be what holds your pages into your album. I used Clear Rhinestone Brads here.
7. Decorate album and pages as you wish!
I hope this makes sense. Kinda in a hurry as I wrote this so let me know if something is not clear! Hope you enjoy! :)

6 comments:

Sherri said...

Ashley, this is sooooo dang cute! Love it!!

Megan said...

Oh how fun! You did a great job! This is so cute. Ok, so my only question is, how did you do the little knot thing in the center of the designer hardware? I think I need to make one of these too! :)

Bobby Sue said...

What a cute idea! That would be really good to make and have pictures of the grandkids for my mom. Thanks Ashley!

Christy Tyler said...

I have been searching the blog world for a great idea to do at my open house tonight! Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to make this very special project! I LOVE the use of the new hardware.

Brilliant!

Christy
www.UrbanStampGirl.com

Carpenter's said...

Ashley,

I haven't ever seen this done so you are the FIRST in my book. Congats. I too really like this set and will have to try it out. Thanks for sharing the directions.

Courtney

Kasia said...

I am impressed, we should name this after you :)

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...