So...this is how it works. The cover of the album is tucked under the left hand side "flap" portion. Just like a matchbook...hence the name.
Here is a Bird's Eye View of the album. I tried to bow it out a bit so you can see how the cover is tucked in to the left hand side.A close up of the flower. I used one of Stampin' Up!'s AMAZING new Designer Hardware for the center of the flower. Now.....you only get one of each style in a package so you know I had to love this project to add this to it. :) I'm a hoarder of embellishments I don't have a lot of. :) By the way...I used CLEAR Rhinestone brads here! YES! I don't have to hoard the ones in my Pretties Kit anymore because Stampin' Up! now sells them individually!!!! (Well, in a package of them..not one by one. :) But you know what I mean.)
Now here is the album opened. There are 4 decorated pages. All stamped with that fabulous stamp set! :) Here is page 1. The pages are secured under those 2 brads.
Page 2. Each page is score 1" in, so that you can turn each page easy. (That leaves the finished page measuring 4 1/2" x 4 1/4".)
Page 4. I love the stamp set "warm words" and thought that went great with this album. I like how each page (and the cover) has a word and the paper piercing. I think it ties it all together.
MEASUREMENTS AND DIRECTIONS
1. Cut your card stock cover to 4 1/2" x 12". I used Chocolate Chip textured card stock here.
2. Score card stock cover (with the 12" end butted up against your cutter) at 7/8", 1", 6 3/4". (These are the measurements if you use just 4 pages. You made need to make a bigger "spine" if you add more pages. The 7/8" and the 1" score lines are what make the spine.)
3. Cut your pages to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I used Very Vanilla for my pages.
4. Score pages at 1" with the 5 1/2" end butted up against your cutter. (This will make it easy to fold up the page to view the next page.
5. Insert your pages into the card stock cover you created. Line up the edge of your pages, with the 1" score line at the left, with the inside of the "spine" you made with your two score lines.
6. Punch 2 holes with your Crop-a-dile for brads. This will be what holds your pages into your album. I used Clear Rhinestone Brads here.
7. Decorate album and pages as you wish!
I hope this makes sense. Kinda in a hurry as I wrote this so let me know if something is not clear! Hope you enjoy! :)