Friday, June 28, 2024

Ice Cream Swirl Sweet Treat! TGIF Challenge #479

We have a fun themed challenge for you over on the TGIF Challenge Blog this week!  Can't wait to see what you come up with!  I used the Ice Cream Swirl Stamp Set & Dies from Stampin' Up! for my card today ... and I think you will know why when I show you the theme of this challenge!  Hee.  I have been wanting to use these for awhile, so I was so excited to put them to work!  😁  

Colors Pretty In Pink, Fresh Freesia, Peach Pie, Coastal Cabana, Crumb Cake
Inks: Pretty In Pink, Fresh Freesia, Peach Pie, Coastal Cabana, VersaMark, BLENDS: Melon Mambo, Lemon Lime Twist, Crumb Cake
Cardstock/Papers: Coastal Cabana, Fresh Freesia, Crumb Cake, Basic White 
Stamps: Ice Cream Swirl
Tools:  Ice Cream Swirl Dies, Small Blending Brushes, Sponge Dauber, Dashing Designs Embossing Folder
Accessories: Baker's Twine Essentials Pack, Iridescent Faceted Gems, Basics WOW! Embossing Powder

Can you guess what the challenge may be?!  If you guessed a SWEET TREATS themed challenge ... well you are correct! 💖  But my card goes even further ... I basically just made my card like this challenge graphic!  🤣  The crazy part ... I didn't even mean to!  I had making this challenge card on a "to do" list of mine - but I just wrote down what the challenge was.  I hadn't seen the graphic in awhile.  Then when I went to look at the graphic - I realized I basically made this card!  Haha.  How funny it turned out like that?!  😍


Here are a few photos of the details on the card and then I have a few photos showing how I did some of the details!  



Want to know how I did that ice cream?!  I really love how it turned out!  But basically ... I used a piece of Basic White cardstock, a few Small Blending Brushes, some ink, and a Water Painter!  Just blend some ink in the colors of your choice (I used Pretty In Pink, Fresh Freesia, and Peach Pie) onto the cardstock, and then splatter some water from the Water Painter onto the blended ink.  Dab with a paper towel, and you have that fun splatter! 


I have done polka dots like this before, so if you have followed me for awhile, sorry for the repeat!  😁  But I just took a sponge dauber, inked it up, place it on the cardstock and "swirl" the dauber in place - just to get a good concentrated polka dot.  I love doing this!  So easy to have such a cute polkadot background in any color you want! Then I just embossed the cardstock panel for some more texture! 

So what do you think?  I think I am ready to go grab an ice cream cone!  Hee.  I hope you enjoy this card!  Now you can head on over to the TGIF Challenge Blog & see what fun inspiration the other designers have for you!  Then make your own and share with us!  Can't wait to see what you make! 

Thanks for visiting!  Please let me know if you have any questions or need help getting your hands on any Stampin' Up! supplies!  

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Ice Cream Swirl Sweet Treat! TGIF Challenge #479

We have a fun themed challenge for you over on the TGIF Challenge Blog this week!  Can't wait to see what you come up with!  I used the...