Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Team Challenge with Sweet Ice Cream!

So...did someone mention that July is over?!  Where did that month go?!  Haha.  WHAT?  The next month is over too?!  And also the NEXT month is almost over?!  My dears...I am behind.  Anyone else feeling that way?!  

I can't believe how fast time is flying!  BUT...my team had a theme challenge in July and I'm finally sharing what I made for it!  😀 Please tell me better late than never is ok!  Haha.  


ColorsPolished Pink, Soft Sea Foam, Coastal Cabana, Pale Papaya, Soft Suede, Whisper White, Basic Black
Inks: Polished Pink, Soft Sea Foam, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Pale Papaya, Soft Suede, VersaMark
Cardstock/Papers: Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Basic Black, Polished Pink
Stamps: Sweet Ice Cream, Watercolor Shapes
Tools: Checks & Dots Embossing Folders, Rectangular Postage Stamp Punch, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Heat Tool
Accessories: Genial Gems, Flowers for Every Season Ribbon Combo Pack (white ribbon), Baker's Twine Essential Pack (white twine), 3/8" Fine Art Ribbon, Basics Embossing Powders (white), Metallics Embossing Powders (gold)

And tell me that Sweet Ice Cream is always in season!  Hee.  One of my team members posted an inspirational photo.  We are then to use this photo as inspiration for a project.  Here was the photo she submitted...


So fun and patriotic...and perfect for July since America celebrates our Independence Day in July!  So I stuck with the "red, white, and blue" theme and used shades of those colors.  😉And then just copied the popsicle theme!  I loved making this card and I LOVE the different stamps in the Sweet Ice Cream Stamp Set that makes it so easy to get the shading on these popsicles!  Here are the images in the stamp set:

Aren't they the cutest?!  💕

Then to create the greeting, I actually embossed it with Gold Embossing Powder on Vellum Cardstock.  Then just cut it out and adhered it to the popsicles.  I LOVE the look of this!



Also a fun tip...see the little "scallop" below the greeting?!  Well...I used the Rectangular Postage Stamp Punch for that!  Just punched one out, trimmed off one of the ends of the scallops, and adhered it behind the greeting!  Easy, peasy!  

I love this polka dot background also.  I used the Checks & Dots Embossing Folder for this...and I'm swooning!  💕


One last view of the full card.  Hope you enjoy!  


Thank you so much for visiting!  Please let me know if you have any questions!  Would love to help you with any of your papercrafting needs!

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

1 comment:

StinkerbellSteph said...

Super cute! Love all the colors together with these fun stamps.

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...