Thursday, September 23, 2021

Inspiration with Stitched Leaves for TGIF Challenge 335!

It's fall season here in America...anyone excited?!  I know lots are...I, however...am not one of those people.  Haha.  I'm a summer gal through & through so fall gets a bit depressing and sad for me.   Haha.  But I do love this challenge.  It is a fun fall inspirational one...and you can take it any direction that you want!  So play along with us!  I am sharing my card first, and then I will share the inspirational photo for you!  Then you just head over to the TGIF Challenge Blog to post your card!  

On to the card...


ColorsPolished Pink, Just Jade, Calypso Coral, Pale Papaya, Granny Apple Green, Whisper White, Basic Black
Inks: Polished Pink, Just Jade, Calypso Coral, Pale Papaya, Granny Apple Green, VersaMark
Cardstock/Papers: Whisper White, Basic Black, Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper, Pattern Party Designer Series Paper, Gold & Rose Gold 6"x6" Metallic Specialty Paper
Stamps: Best Year
Tools: Timber 3D Embossing Folder, Stitched Leaves Dies
Accessories: Linen Thread, White Stampin' Emboss Powder, Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels

Now that you have seen the card...here is the official Challenge assignment: 


So cute, huh?!  I didn't do pumpkins...as you saw.  But still went fall with leaves!  And a touch of gold!  (Did you notice that GORGEOUS paper in the background?!  That is the Gold from the Gold & Rose Gold Metallic Specialty Paper.) 

Love these multi-loop bows.  Just take multiple strands (I used 3 here), stack them together, and tie a bow.  I think the impact this bow has works so well for this card.


Now should we talk about these fabulous leaves?!  Have to be honest...they took a little extra time. But I have to say...I feel like it was totally worth it. I love them.  Want to know the steps I took to make these beauties?!  Well, ok then!  
  1. Use the Stitched Leaves Dies to cut out the leaves from Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper.
  2. Watercolor each of the leaves.  Colors I used here: Polished Pink, Pale Papaya, Granny Apple Green, Just Jade, Calypso Coral
  3. Sponge the edges with the same color you watercolored them with.
  4. Once all ink is dry, splatter the leaves with the coordinating ink color.  
  5. Again, once splatter is dry, lightly crumple the leaves.
It was FUN to play with paper like this.  Loved adding the detail.  And then, to adhere them down, I used the Multipurpose Liquid Glue, and just a light line down the middle, to allow for some of the leaves to pop off the page. 

Here are a few pics of the leaves...





I love the black pop with the greeting, also.  I emboss greetings in white on black QUITE a bit.  But...seriously...just look at how much fun it is...

Don't you love how it pops?! 

Ok...I've said too much of what I love.  What details are your favorites?  Here is the full card again...

Thank you so much for visiting!  Don't forget to pop on over to the TGIF Challenge Blog to play along!  Can't wait to see what you make!  Please let me know if you have any questions! 

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...