Saturday, March 6, 2021

Friends Are Like Seashells...or Seashells Are Friends?!

I LOVE the beach and ocean and everything about it!  It. Is. My. Happy. Place.  So ... yes ... I would call seashells my friends.  Hee.  Especially love the ones I can find while I am scuba diving.  😁 OF COURSE I love the Friends Are Like Seashells ... and the whole Sand & Sea Suite Collection!  I just have to share this pretty fabulous card I made using these products...

ColorsWhisper White, Soft Sea Foam, Purple Posy, Pool Party, Petal Pink, So Saffron
Inks:  Soft Sea Foam, Purple Posy, Pool Party, Petal Pink, So Saffron, Memento Jet Black
Cardstock/PapersWhisper White, Thick Whisper White, Purple Posy
Stamps: Friends Are Like Seashells
Tools: Seabed Embossing Folder, Seaside Seashells Dies, Seashells Embossing Folder, Heat Tool
Accessories: Linen Thread, Gold Glitter Enamel Dots, Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder

The dies cut out that whole piece, you then use the stamps to stamp onto the die piece, and then I embossed using the Seashells Embossing Folder.  It. Is. Truly. Magical!!!  I just sponged the Soft Sea Foam onto the greenery bits.  😀

Here are a few more photos, but just have to share one little bit of info.  That is GOLD splatter embossing powder.  That's right.  Gold Embossing Powder splatter!  Kinda in love!  😍 I had to experiment a bit to get this look.  But what I ended up doing was adding a little bit of VersaMark refill to a clear block, use a Water Painter to mix a LITTLE bit of water in (this isn't the same as the regular inks...because VersaMark ink is much stickier), and flick the Water Painter in the lid, causing the splatter.  Then dumb the Stampin' Gold Embossing Powder over where you splattered, and tap off the excess.  (Lightly tap...I wanted that fine splatters to stay.). Then just heat set!  I wish I could get a better pic, because it is so sparkly in real life!  I love it!



Can you find all the Gold Glitter Enamel Dots?!  These work with this card SO! PERFECTLY!  Match made in heaven! Hee.


Also need to give a shoutout to the Seabed Embossing Folder that is in the Annual Catalog!  That is what I embossed the white layer with, and it obviously fits FABULOUSLY!!!  LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!!!  😍


One more quick look at the full card:


Would love to hear your thoughts!  Thank you so much for visiting!  Please let me know if you have any questions and also let me know how I can help you get your needed papercrafting supplies!  

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

February Fancy Blue!

Time for this month's Stampin' Fancy Friday challenge! And this one is a GOOD one!  Are you ready for SOMETHING BLUE?!  Colors :   C...