Saturday, September 28, 2019

Rainbow Thanks With Watercolored Die-Cuts!

I am so excited for what I get to share with you today!!!  This was first posted on Stampin' Up!'s Facebook page!!  A few of the Artisan's shared some fun tips on using die-cuts & it was so much fun to share one!  Want to see it?  I hope so!  First up, here is the card I made:


Colors: Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Mango Melody, Melon Mambo
Inks: Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green, Mango Melody, Melon Mambo, VersaMark
Cardstock/Papers Shimmery Whisper White, Thick Whisper White, Basic Black, Brights Designer Series Paper
Stamps: A Big Thank You
Tools: Thank You Die, Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Pattern Party Decorative Masks, Shimmery White Embossing Paste, Palette Knives, Heat Tool
Accessories: Iridescent Sequin Assortment, White Stampin' Emboss Powder, Silver Thread


I kinda love all the details of this card, but what really makes this card stand out is that WATERCOLORED Thank You!  What do you think?!  Want to see how I did it?!  Ok! 

First you want to gather your supplies.  The supplies that I used here are all available in the Stampin' Up Annual Catalog.  I used:  
  • Fluid 100  Watercolor Paper
  • Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green, Mango Melody, & Melon Mambo ink pads
  • Aqua Painter
  • Thank You Die
***Note:  before you open your ink pads, you want to give them a good squeeze to get a small pool of liquid in the lid. 


Then you just lay down one color at a time, using an Aqua Painter, onto the Watercolor Paper.


 (I mean really...look how pretty it is already!  😁


Once it is dry (use a heat tool for quick drying if you don't want to wait!), just lay the die-cut out on the Watercolor Wash how you would like it. 


Then just cut it out and admire how pretty it is!  😁  Hee. 


 And add to a fun project!


Here are some close-up's of the details:





What do you think?  Want to try something with this fun technique?!  If you do...I want to see it!  😁  Thank you so much for visiting!   Please let me know if you have any questions!

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...