Sunday, February 10, 2019

Watercoloring With Amazing Life...

Do you like to watercolor?  I totally love it.  It's such a fun & easy way to add color to projects...and it's so much fun to do! Total win-win, right?!  😀  If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram (Design With Ink)...you saw a sneak peek of some watercoloring I was working on the other day.  Well here is the finished card that I made...


Colors: Pineapple Punch, Mango Melody, Melon Mambo, Whisper White
Ink Pads: Pineapple Punch, Mango Melody, Melon Mambo, VersaMark
Cardstock/Papers Whisper White, Watercolor paper, Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper
Stamps: Amazing Life
Tools: Big Shot, Sparkle Embossing Folder, Heat Tool
Accessories: Colored Doilies, Gold Embossing Powder, Gingham Gala Adhesive Backed Sequins

I have to admit this card just makes me so happy.  I love the white with pops of color.  And in case you missed my social media post about the process...this is how I did the watercoloring for this card:


I used Pineapple Punch, Mango Melody, & Melon Mambo inks.   Smoosh the lid into the ink pad before you open it.  Then use an Aqua Painter filled with water to mix a little water into the ink & add your color (starting with the lightest color first) to the watercolor paper.  You can emboss a greeting or images onto the watercolor paper first if you want, like I did here.  Then after all my colors are added, I spritzed the paper with water to help the colors blend a little.  There are lots of different ways to do this process, but that's how I did it for these cards.  I love how they all look so different...


Then look at the fun finished cards:


And here are some pics of the details:


This stamp set, Amazing Life, is one of my faves in Stampin' Up!'s Occasions Catalog.   AND...if you purchase it in the bundle (with the FABULOUS Rectangle Stitched Framelits!!!) you get a FREE Sale-A-Bration item--like the Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper that I used on this card.  Another win-win!!  😀

One last look at the card:


Let me know if you have any questions!  Hope you enjoy!  Thanks so much for visiting!

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...