Have you tried this trendy new technique yet?! I hadn't until this challenge! And that's what I LOVE about these challenges...they make you try something new! Love it! Here's the card I made for the challenge and then I will give you some tips for doing one of your own! ...
Colors: Melon Mambo, Lemon Lime Twist, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party
Cardstock/Papers: Whisper White, Pool Party, Melon Mambo
Stamps: Banners For You
Tools: Everyday Label Punch, Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Framelits
Accessories: Rhinestone Basic Jewels, 7/8" Striped Ribbon, Jute Twine, Foil Snowflakes, Acetate Card Boxes
This is an easy technique to do, but I think this card is definitely "punchy". It's bright and cheery...and the pattern I stamped is pretty busy so I kept the rest really simple...so it was fairly quick to make! Can't beat that. 😀 And this stamp set...SO FABULOUS! One of my faves! It's called "Banners For You" and has so many fun banners (& there are coordinating Framelits! 👏) with coordinating greetings and these fun flowers!!! 🎉
Here are the steps I took to make this card...
1. Stamp the Whisper White card front piece (3 3/4" x 5") with your images. I started with the largest stamp...the leaf in Lemon Lime Twist. Then stamped the Melon Mambo flower, the Daffodil Delight circle, and last...filled in with the Pool Party dots.
2. Use the Large Letters Framelits to cut out whatever word you want. Here I used "love". ***Tip: make sure to keep the inside pieces of your letters!***
3. Adhere a piece of Melon Mambo cardstock, cut just slightly smaller than your Whisper White cardfront piece, to the back of the Whisper White piece. This will make your word pop and have that shadow effect.
4. Adhere the middle of the letters down...the letters will all just be solid Melon Mambo right now from the negative space of your die-cutting.
5. Add Foam Adhesive Strips behind your letters (use this because of the height of this adhesive...it will give you a better "shadow" image) and adhere them over your Melon Membo letters, slightly off center, giving that shadow.
6. Add other embellishments and adhere to the front of your card base!
You are done! How easy was that?!
I added some shimmer using the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush...I just colored over the flower images but you could use it wherever you wanted! 😀
One last look at the letters...
So hope you enjoyed this card and the tips to make your own! Can't wait to see what you make!!!! Head on over to the CHALLENGE BLOG to play along!!!! Thanks so much for visiting!!!
Shop 24/7: www.ashleyvancamp.stampinup.net
Post a Comment