Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Who Needs Some Brightness?!?

This card is a very bright card.  I love it!  I guess I was thrilled by the sun we were finally getting when I made this card.  :)  A few weekends ago I went to an AMAZING event at the Stampin' Up! home office about 45 mins away from my house.  (Yes...I know...how lucky am I?!?!?)  It was a Regional they hosted there and for the FIRST TIME ever...they even passed out the BRAND NEW catalog to us!  WHOOO HOOO!!!  It was an amazing day!  What does that have to do with this post?!  Well...this is the card I swapped there!  :)

So here it is...

Turns out I didn't get the best photo but the color combo is Pacific Point, Melon Mambo, Pool Party, and a bit of Crumb Cake, Lucky Limeade and Daffodil Delight.  Oh...and some Whisper White.  :)  And in read life...this card is SPARKLY!  I used some fabulous shimmer spray I made (OK....SHIIMMER PAINT...that I use to make the spray....is RETIRING!!!!  STOCK up before it's gone.  I am SOOO bummed it's leaving!!!) on the whole card so it's quite sparkly in real life.

Here is a close-up of the center...


Hopefully you can see some of the shimmer.

Another thing I am bummed about that is retiring....this phrase stamp set!  It's called Friendly Phrases and it's one of my favorites!  Love it!  So sad it's leaving us.  :-(

Here is another shot of the whole card...maybe this one is better than the one above?!


I hope you like this card!  Oh...the center of the flower is one of the smaller Soda Pop Tops that are in the Mini that I just smooshed by running through the Big Shot.  (Just use your multi-purpose platform opened up to no tabs, then put a cutting plate, your soda pop top, and another cutting plate and run it through.  Voila!  Smashed Soda Pop Top!) 

Thanks for visiting!!!!

1 comment:

Pam said...

I LOVE this card, Ashley! It makes me smile right down to my toes.... what a "happy" card!! I love your clear focal point, color choices, texture, dimension & embellishments ....everything that makes a perfect card!! FABULOUS job!!

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...