Monday, May 3, 2010

Pillow Box Extended...

I've said this maybe just a few times before (ha,ha...like 100!)...but I LOVE THE BIG SHOT! I have SO much fun playing with it!! I got a few moments to play this weekend and look at what I did...

Would you believe it if I told you I used the SAME die to make BOTH sizes of Pillow Boxes?! Well I DID!!! I used this die...This is the regular Pillow Box die that makes a pillow box this size...
Well....I wanted to try something and am happy to say that it worked! What I did was cut a piece of cardstock double the length that I needed it to cut a standard pillow box. Then I folded it in half and put the crease line JUST UNDER one of the folds of the die. Like this..... (the purplish colored rectangle is your cardstock)
I DID have to use the Crease Pad that you can buy separately for the Big Shot (it cut through the cardstock on the score lines if I didn't use it) and when I did that it worked great! Then I just covered up the crease line in the middle of the pillow box when I decorated it. Here is the extended pillow box...
HOW MUCH FUN?!?! :) Here is a close up of the accent I tied onto the ribbon. It is one of the Filigree brads that you can get FREE this month!!!! Click to see the flyer... http://www.stampinup.com/us/documents/ScrapbookingMonthPromo_0410_US.pdf
I just added a Rhinestone brad to the center of the Filigree brad and tied it on with some Linen Thread. Then WHAT IS THAT ALPHABET, you ask?!?! Well...it's the NEW on that is in the SUMMER MINI CATALOG. It's called Rough Type and I LOVE IT! (AND YOU GET THE FREE BRADS WHEN YOU ORDER IT!!!!)
Here are both pillow boxes from one of the sides...
The color combo that I used is Taken With Teal (retiring soon so stock up while you can! This is DEFINITELY one of the colors I'm going to miss!!!), Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, and Whisper White. OH...and the "Happy Birthday" on the smaller pillow box is from the "King of the Grill" stamp set in the Summer Mini as well!
Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy! Give this a try. I had a blast! And I have another fun project to show you tomorrow using this same technique! :)

2 comments:

Megan said...

Look at you go! I would have never thought I could make the pillow box longer...so creative! :) Love the color combo and how you decorated it too! :)

Jerry said...

Such a great way to make a pillow boxes in more beautiful and stylish you just need to follow the above steps and make such elegant boxes

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...