Monday, February 15, 2010

Glassine Folder...

So I am working on ORGANIZING my stamp room right now. It's kinda gotten a bit crazy so I try to organizing a section each day.

 I took some time out of that this weekend to take a few minutes to stamp because I needed it! :) Anyway...I saw this idea at the Regional Stampin' Up! event I went to in January. I have been meaning to try one since I got back, and I finally remembered to do it...

Of course the color combo Melon Mambo, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Kraft, and Old Olive. Can't get enough of it! :)

Can you tell that the flower is all shiny?! Because it is! :) I put a layer of Crystal Effects on it to make it shiny and have a bit more punch. Here is a close up of that...


To explain the project a bit...the Kraft cardstock is a little folder of sorts. The Melon Mambo part is a belly band that comes off the folder to open it up. When you take off the belly band and open it up...it had two little pouches to hold whatever you want. Gift cards, notes, etc.

It was hard to get a picture of, sorry!  Basically what I did was fold one of the Glassine Bags (they are in the mini!) in half.  Then made a Kraft cardstock folder to fit around it. Cut the bottom of the bag off so there are two pouches. Then for the inside I made two cards to fit...

Now...I have been obsessed with this felt stuff lately. Loving these felt pieces! SO CUTE!!! And what I was thinking of using this for is gluing a gift card on to one of the cards and then my note on the other. Or you could make it a coupon book. Or I bet it would even hold some chocolate! :) Basically....whenever you need a few pouches to hold something....this would work! :)
I hope you enjoy! Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Absolutly beautiful AShley, love these colours too.
Kristy x

Megan said...

I totally forgot all about this project. So much fun...I love it. :) I can't wait to try making one. :)

Kasia said...

I don't remember this either. you are amazing!! and I love the crystal effects

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...