Thursday, July 12, 2012

UnWinning Artisan Award Entry...3D Project #1

Where did the last week go?! :)  Time I posted again!!!  I hope this was worth the wait...this post is showcasing my favorite of my two 3D projects that I submitted for the Artisan Award.  However...it was the toughest to photograph and really get a good picture of.  But...I will still show it to you, of course.  It did look better in person.  Sorry I can't show you all in person!  :)  Here it is...


 It's a Baby Mobile!  (Ok...an "any person" mobile because I am going to hang my "draft" of this project in my stamp room! :) )  How fun is this?!  It may not look like it...because it's pretty simple...but it took WELL over 10 hours to make!  I lost count at 10.  (And don't really want to think of how long it really took.  :) )  Here is two pictures from the top...


And some close-up's of the circles...


I love this pleated ribbon...
I know you can't really see all the detail but EVERYTHING is sponged to make  it pop.  Every circle, butterfly...front and back...everything.  The butterflies all embossed with a whole bunch of different embossing folders.  It really was quite cute in person. :) 

I hope you enjoy this project! 

If you want to see the past UnWinning Artisan Award projects I have posted...click HERE and then just follow the links on the bottom of the post to see them all!  I also was highlighted on my friend Tiffany's blog!  :)  How sweet is she!  :)
So that was fun! 

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!  I really do hope you enjoyed your visit!  :) 

2 comments:

Jill said...

super cute! everything you do is faaaabulous!!

Kristin Moore said...

I'm so sad for you that this didn't win- all that work and time! But glad you have a prototype for your workshop! It is stunning!

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...