Friday, April 27, 2012

Mother's Day...Times Two...

Have TWO Mother's Day cards to show you today!  Thought you might need a bit of inspiration as we prepare for one of the most important days of the year.  :)  (At least I think so...I LOVE being able to show appreciate for my amazing Mother!  And now as a Mother...I think I deserve a day of celebration as well.  :) )  So here is the first of two cards to share...


I love this fresh and fun color combo!  It's Basic Gray, Melon Mambo, Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade, and some Whisper White.  Here is a close-up so you can see some of the details...
LOVE this flower!  It is from the Button Buddies stamp set, punched out with the Scallop punch!  Can't get any better than that!  And that Shimmer Concord Grape brad in the middle....LOVE these!  And that scallop-y Melon Mambo ribbon....my goodness!  Then I used the Labels Framelits to make the frame under the flower and embossed it with the Lattice embossing folder.  LOVE that look!

Second card up for show that is similar but a softer look...
I know...it's using retired paper from Sale-A-Bration.  Well...you probably have lots of it that you still want ideas on how to use it...right?!  And if you didn't get the paper...well...that's just crazy talk!  Of course you did!  :)  (he he)  So I just did a strip of it down the middle of a Sahara Sand card base.  Then added some Poppy Parade scallops on the side.  (Poppy Parade is a retiring In Color!  Get it while you can!  The In Color stuff sells out quick!  Some already has started to sell out!)  And that Pleated ribbon on this card...yum!!!  Need this ribbon in every single color!  :) 

Here is a close-up...
Some Blossom flower punches, a circle punch, a Sale-A-Bration brad (another thing I am SURE you have!  :) ), and YUMMY flower!!!! 

Hope you enjoy both of these cards!  Thanks for visiting!!!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Super fun cards!!! Love them both!! SAB DSP is so fun! Great cards, Ashley!!!

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...