Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mother's Day Bookmark...

So this doesn't really have to be a Mother's Day Bookmark. :) It's just a FUN FLOWER Bookmark. However...I made these for a Mother's Day event. On April 21st I am participating in a Mother's Day Boutique. There will be lots of vendors gathered together to make your Mother's Day shopping easy!!!! I am one of those vendors! YAY! :) I want to really advertise my business but of course I want to have some cute gifts for purchase as well. One of the gifts I have been making to sell are these Fun Flower Bookmarks! I LOVE THEM! Here is one of them...
Isn't that fun?! We made something similar at a Convention a few years ago that gave me the idea. Oh...and these flowers are all sprayed with some Shimmer Spray. (Made with Rubbing Alcohol and Shimmer Paint) And I sponged all the edges in the same color ink as the flower. Don't know if you can really tell either of those things were done but in real life...it makes a HUGE difference! I LOVE the little details! Here is a close-up of the flower so you can get the best view possible...This one is done in Pool Party. I ran it through the Polka Dot embossing folder. And that button is from the Clearance Rack. (Click on Clearance Rack to be linked to there!) I bought a TON of them...in all the different colors because I LOVE THESE BUTTONS!!!! So go get some while you can! :) Anyway...I made a bunch of different colors in these bookmarks. And I also used the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder on some of them...

The ribbon for this one is retired. Sorry! But it went perfect with this flower! :) Here is a close-up...
And a photo of the bottom. I put a Filigree brad on the end of each one to weigh it down...
And then of course you need to see it in a book. Here it is holding my place...
I made them long enough so that it would work in a big book. But if you needed it shorter you could always just tie a knot higher up on the ribbon and cut off the knot on the bottom. Easy peasy! Now...I always LOVE to put things that I am selling in cello's. They look SO MUCH cuter to me! :) And protect them!!!! So here are a few more all packaged up...Isn't that fun! I know they will stay clean now! And here is a shot of some more of them so you can get a glimpse at the colors...And then on the back I secured them with a label with my info on it. I even stamped the labels AND spritzed with my Color Spritzer and Pink Pirouette marker. (I'm not kidding when I say that I can't get enough of that tool!!!) I hope you enjoy these! They are SUPER fun to make! And...if you live in the Kaysville, Utah area....COME SEE ME ON APRIL 21st!!!! It's from 10am-4pm at the Luv 2 Dance Studio. Would LOVE to see you!!!!

Thanks for visiting!!!!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Best bookmark I've seen....these are actually functionally and aren't going to fall off or out. Great job again, Ashley!!

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...