Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cheerful Sprinkled Expressions Treat Therapy...

Weird title...huh?! Well....it comes from the Designer Series Paper (Cheerful Treat...located in the Hostess section of the catalog) I used on this card set. It also comes from the stamp set (Sprinkled Expressions Sale-A-Bration set. You have until Saturday to earn this stamp set for FREE!!!!) that I used. And then I made this card set when I was having some "Stamping Therapy" time. Yes...I use stamping as my therapy. I will just sometimes tell my hubby..."sorry...I NEED!!! to stamp so headed to my room." I know I am not the only one that does that! :)

Anyway...I am having a fun time lately picking out a few supplies and using just those on many different types of projects. I did this with all the Sweet Shoppe projects I posted a few weeks ago. Well this time I used lots of the "Cheerful Treat" Designer Series Paper. The first project I am sharing with you that I created during this "therapy" time is a fun card set. These cards are all 3"x6". I LOVE this card size! And they fit perfectly in our "Open End Envelopes." And the cards all have the same layout. Just different patterns of paper and different stamps from the stamp set. Then they are all put in a clear box I found in my stash of stuff. :)

Here is the card set all packaged up ready to be given.

I actually added some Designer Paper to the back of the clear box, added my cards (there are three with coordinating envelopes), and then tied some coordinating ribbon around the box to complete. I could add a fun tag also. I should of done that. Oops...will do that before I give this away. :) But here is the package all wrapped up WITHOUT the ribbon...
So there you can see the first card in the set. I made one card with each of the stamps and it's coordinating greeting. This stamp set is SO easy and FUN to use! I love it! I did the "Rock and Roll" technique on all the main images. The heart is done with Regal Rose and Melon Mambo. The flower is done with Perfect Plum and Concord Crush. Then the star is done with Pear Pizzazz and Lucky Limeade. Now...what is "Rock and Roll" technique. I know I have explained this before so sorry for the repeat for those that know. Some probably missed that post so here you go! Rock and Roll technique is where you first ink up your stamp in the lightest color ink you are using. Then you take your darker ink and just "roll" the edges of your stamp in that ink color. So...for the heart...I inked the heart image completely in Regal Rose ink. Then I got my Melon Mambo pad and just rolled the heart edges in that ink pad and stamped. You will see what I mean in some close-up photos I show you below. :)


Here is a pic of all the cards and envelopes together...
Aren't they FUN?! SO bright and cheery!!! LOVE LOVE them. Now here is the close-up of the heart so you can see the "rock and roll" technique. Also...you can see the Pink Pirouette splatter I did on the white part of the card with my (OF COURSE!!!) Spritzer tool and Pink Pirouette marker...
But don't you love the detail that rock and roll technique gives?! I actually stamped each image twice. Once directly on the white part of the card. Then again on scratch white so I could cut it out and pop up on dimensionals for some dimension. Here is a side-view...
And then...HELLO! You may want to see each card separately. So here is the heart card...

And the flower card...
(Don't you LOVE that sentiment?!! I know I do!!! And you will see it on a future project. : ) "You make my whole face smile." LOVE LOVE LOVE it! :) )

And then the star card...
I should give this card to some other stay-at-home mom's I know. Have the "You did it! Congratulations" just mean that you made it through another day being a stay-at-home mommy! :) I don't know how you other stay-at-home mommies feel...but geez! It's a TOUGH job!!!! When I worked before I had kids...my life was MUCH easier! (Not to say that it isn't TOUGH to be a mommy AND have a career....that is tough I AM SURE also!!!! So maybe I should just say...ANY mommy deserves this card! No matter what your circumstances are or how old your kids are!!!! I don't know HOW I am going to get through the older ages when I can't have my kids around me all the time!!!! UGH!!!! Ok....not the time to have therapy right now. :) )

And just so you can see the box all empty... I just adhered that Designer Paper to it to give the fabulous clear box a little pop!!!!

Hope you enjoy!!! Thanks so much for visiting!!! I really hope you got some inspiration from this project! Let me know if you have any questions!

2 comments:

adnan amjad said...

Design is not very unique that inspires, have to change the colors.
Plastic card holders
membership Card printing
Scratch Cards

Unknown said...

I think more and bright colors make them attractive.....Hank Hendricks

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...