Tuesday, March 20, 2012

First Birthday...Part 2

Just a bit more of the decor for you. Here is the stairway...
So could of done a LOT more with this. But...the poof balls and sun banner were going to have to be enough. :) I love making these tissue paper balls for parties because it is such an easy and inexpensive way to bring in the colors of the party. However...I need more practice because mine leave a lot to be desired. :) But they get the job done! And here is a close-up of the sun banner...


Making this was really easy! The way it went fast was I used the Multi-Purpose Adhesive sheets. It's item #120805 and I think it is easily overlooked. But it's AMAZING stuff! You get 12-12"x12" sheets. So all I did was put a whole adhesive sheet onto a Designer Series Paper sheet and now I have an instant sticker sheet! I just punched out my scallops (And you could easily roll through Big Shot) and then I have one scallop on the front and another on the back. Just sandwich the Baker's Twine in the middle of the scallops...and it's a BREEZE to put this together! I think added the punched out circles to my suns (I know it's kinda flower-y looking..but they are suppose to be suns! :) ) and adhered them with dimensionals. Would be so easy to do with hearts for Valentine's Day, or any other punched shape for any holiday!!!

Here is my fireplace. These are so not great pictures! I was in a hurry to get some taken before everyone got here. And I have a window on each side of my fireplace. I shut my shutters, but it still created quite the glare in these photos. Then when I took the close-up's...I don't think I had my macro setting on so they are blurry. SORRY! If you have ever thrown a party you know how CRAZY those last few mins are. :) I did my best! :) But alas...here is the fireplace...

I have to admit that I LOVE this!!! I really wanted to display pics of my daughter from the last 12 months. This is finally how I figured out how to do it. I just printed 4x6 photos...one from each month...and strung them all in a banner. Tied them on to the candlesticks and put them on the ends of my mantle. Then added another tissue poof ball. Made some Rosettes (with the NEW Rosette die...I am in LOVE!!! SO EASY to put together! And LOVE how the pinking end looked sunny! :) ) to add to it. And then....the candles I have are normally green and then the blue of that vase thing at the end of my mantle. It was bugging me but I didn't buy the right colored candles. SO...I covered them with coordinating scrapbook paper! Easy way to cover up my eye sore! :) Here are a few up-close pics...
The rosettes were actually made to look somewhat like the party invite. Again...will have to show you those later! :) And then the banner... (SORRY so blurry!!!!)
I loved how easy it was to add the numbers of whatever month it was in the corner with my BIG SHOT!!! I use this thing WAY too much!! It's probably time to get another. :)

Thanks for visiting! I hope you enjoyed!!!!

No comments:

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...