Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Merry & Bright ... 30 Day Christmas Card Making Challenge is Here!

Well it's time!  It's time to start the 30 Day Christmas Card Making Challenge.  My friend Martin, over at Martin's Mayhem, does this every year. And it's so much fun!  Every day in November is a new challenge.  So here we go with Day 1!  🙌 I had to use the Merry & Bright Bundle!  I love this a whole lot!  The whole suite is fantastic ... but I chose some different colors than to suite for this first card.  


Colors Basic White, Coastal Cabana, Bubble Bath, Smoky Slate
Inks: Coastal Cabana, Bubble Bath, Smoky Slate, Melon Mambo
Cardstock/Papers: Basic White, Holographic Trio Specialty Paper
Stamps: Merry & Bright
Tools:  Merry & Bright Dies, Timber 3D Embossing Folder, Water Painters (for splatter)
Accessories: Loose Silver Sequins  

I really love how this turned out.  Here are a few more pics of the details.  And a few notes ... 

  • The tops of the ornaments are cut out of Holographic Paper.  😍  It is stunning.
  • The "Merry & Bright" greeting is stamped in Melon Mambo...but I stamped on scratch paper first and then stamped it again without reinking...so it is a little lighter of a color.
  • I stamped the wire that the ornaments attach to on Basic White cardstock first, and then embossed the cardstock.




And just look at how that holographic paper DOES IT'S GORGEOUS THING in the sunshine!  Major swoon!


Fun challenge, huh?!  Do you want to play along?  I hope so!  I am sure Martin would love your participation, and I personally think it is a blast to play!  


Please let me know if you have any questions!  Would love to help you with anything you need & would love to help you get any Stampin' Up! supplies you need! 

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Hot Air Balloon Swap Fun!

Back in March, I went to Stampin' Up!'s On Stage (a convention) event in Houston, TX.  I forgot to share the swap card I made to sw...