Friday, October 7, 2022

HELLO!!!???...Ladybug?!?! TGIF Challenge #389

Hello!  It is COLOR CHALLENGE time for TGIF Challenges this week!  You know I love a good color challenge.  This one was a bit of a challenge, but it was fun.  You see...when I show you the challenge graphic...you will probably think of one specific holiday with these colors.  So that made me NOT want to make something for that holiday, you know?!  Hee.  But I have to admit...I really love what developed...

Colors Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Basic White
Inks:  Daffodil Delight, VersaMark, BLENDS: Pumpkin Pie Dark Stampin' Blends Marker
Cardstock/Papers: Basic White, Thick Basic White, Mango Melody, Pumpkin Pie, Black & White Designs Designer Series Paper
Stamps: Hello Ladybug 
Tools:  Ladybug Builder Punch, Heat Tool, Painted Texture Embossing Folder, Stylish Shapes Dies
Accessories: Basics Embossing Powder (white), White 1/4" Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon, Baker's Twine Essentials Pack, Iridescent Rhinestones Basic Jewels

Can you guess the color combo we are challenged to use this week?!  Well let me help!

Can you guess the holiday you may think of with these colors?!  Haha.  Halloween, right?!  So I went the opposite direction and went cutesy floral.  Hee. 

Now...you may be asking ... what is that fun, large, bold & graphic flower from?!  Well ... unless you read the title of this post (haha) ... you may be a bit surprised!  The stamp I used for this flower was the ladybug body from the Hello Ladybug Stamp Set!!!  Say WHAT?!  How?!  Haha.  Let me "show" you.  

First...I stamped the ladybug body in Daffodil Delight.  (I know...I changed it up a bit and didn't use Crushed Curry.  This is just supposed to inspire you, not define you.  Haha.  Then I took the polka dot image that is supposed to be for the wings and stamped the body with it.  The whole stamp is a bit big for the body, but since it is a photopolymer stamp, I simply "folded it" in half over my block and used the smaller portion.  Here is a photo to helpfully help explain what I am saying better.  😊

Then I just punched out the ladybugs, and adhered them together.  I added a circle (cut from Stylish Shapes Dies) to the middle of the now flower, and VOILA!  Cute little ladybug flower...




Isn't that so much fun!  Then just added a few layers and embellishments and I am in love! 😍




Love that repeating sentiment!!  I love little touches like this that add such a fun detailed touch.  One more fun element that I want to point out...

Look at that fun Pumpkin Pie ribbon!  No...Stampin' Up! doesn't sell Pumpkin Pie ribbon like this.  I just colored it with the Dark Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Blends Marker!  I love this fun trick!  The ribbon is actually the White 1/4" Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon.  

Now that I have shared my card with you...it is time for you to come play along with us!  Hee.  So head on over to the TGIF Challenge Blog to see what the other designers have made and to play along!  Can't wait to see what you create!!!

Please let me know if you have any questions or need any help getting your hands on any Stampin' Up! supplies!  Would love to help you with all your papercrafting needs!

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

February Fancy Blue!

Time for this month's Stampin' Fancy Friday challenge! And this one is a GOOD one!  Are you ready for SOMETHING BLUE?!  Colors :   C...