Friday, February 25, 2022

Blending Sea Life ... TGIF Challenge 357!

Hey!  Ashley here, from the TGIF Challenges Design Team, to share another TGIF Challenge with you! This time it is a product spotlight/technique challenge!  I had a lot of fun with this one! AND it is pretty quick & easy for a technique!  Winning!!  AND...I even have 4 cards to share with you!  So without further ado...here are the cards I made!  

Colors Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, Polished Pink, Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green, Basic Black, White
Inks: Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, Polished Pink, Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green, VersaMark
Cardstock/Papers: Basic White, Basic White Thick, Basic Black
Stamps: Friends Are Like Seashells
Tools: Heat Tool, Blending Brushes, Seashells 3D Embossing Folder, Sea Life Dies
Accessories: Basics Embossing Powder, Artistry Blooms Adhesive-Backed Sequins, Baker's Twine Essentials Pack

Yes...I made four!  But kept them all the same layout.  I love the variation that the different colors create though.  Because the blending is the cool part...which is what this challenge is!

I will share real quick what I did to do this blending, but it really is so easy.  I just took a piece of Basic White cardstock and used the Blending Brushes to add color to it!  I didn't worry too much about it looking "smooth" or anything.  I wanted "chunks" of color variation and stuff.  This is what the cardstock looked like when I was done...

I used Polished Pink, Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight, and Mango Melody.  Again...it is NOT super smooth and blended.  If you want to make it more blended...like for a background or something...just keep blending!  I just then picked the spots I wanted to die-cut from, added my dies, and cut them out!  Look how cute they are! 

Then I just kept the layout simple...so these cuties would pop!  You could obviously easily make these with any sentiment for any occasion.  I happened to need some thank you's...so that is the greeting I used.  Let's check them out up close...photo overload warning!








Which one is your favorite?!  I'm obsessed with these, if I'm being honest.  Haha.  Love looking at them!  

Now you can go play along!  Just head on over to the TGIF Challenge Blog and play along!!!  Let me know if you have any questions!  

And let me know how I can help you get your hands on some Stampin' Up! supplies!

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...