Friday, May 26, 2017

TGIF Challenge - 109: Farewell to Carousel Birthday...

YIPPEEEE!  It's TGIF Challenge time!!!!  Have you participated in one of these challenges yet?!  Let me just tell you...they are AMAZING!!!  It's so fun to step out of your "crafting box" and try something new.  So I encourage you to try it this week if you haven't before!  And if you have...you for sure are going to want to play along this week!  It's DESIGNER SPOTLIGHT week!

We are SOOOOO lucky to have Rochelle in our TGIF Challenge group...she is SOOOO creative and amazing!  She's on the Artisan Design team too...she's THAT fabulous!  So...how EASY is this challenge!  :-)  Not even sure you can call it a challenge.  Hee.  Just use one of her amazing creations and be inspired to create something from it.  Use a color combo, layout, or even CASE (copy & share everything) the whole project.

Want to see what I made?!?!?

Well...it was my daughter's birthday this week.  And we had a "Carousel Birthday" pool party.  So...I wanted to make her a special gift bag for one of her gifts.  So I copied her card layout found on her blog HERE: http://rochelleblok.blogspot.co.nz/2017/03/jai-352.html  and made this gift bag...


ColorsBermuda Bay, Flirty Flamingo, Early Espresso, Pool Party
Cardstock/PapersBermuda Bay, Flirty Flamingo, Pool Party, Early Espresso, Cupcakes & Carousels Designer Paper Stack
Stamps: Carousel Birthday
ToolsBig Shot, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Circles Framelits
Accessories: Linen Thread, Burlap Ribbon, Peekaboo Peach Rouched Ribbon, Gold Sequin Trim


How fun is this?!  Let me just start by saying...I LOVE THIS suite of products that is in the Occasions Catalog!  Oh how I will miss this!  LOVE the paper, accessories, color combo, stamps, etc.  So. Much. Fun!!!  My kind of suite!

And making this bag was SO. EASY!  Want to see what I did?!

I just took a standard 8 1/2" x 11" piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock.  Then I scored vertically at 1 1/2" & 7".  Flip the cardstock 90 degrees and score at 4 3/4" & 6 1/4".  Then just make a few snips to make flaps to adhere the bag closed.  Here is what the cardstock looks like (dashed lines are the scored lines and solid are the cut lines...



Then you just fold on the score lines and it looks like this...


All you do now is just adhere the flaps together!  That easy!

Then decorate!!!





Hard to see in my picture, but I used the Wink of Stella Clear Brush to make the carousel horse all glittery...


Don't you just LOVE that carousel horse!  And seriously...I LOVE when my daughter's birthday comes around!  She is SOOOO excited about it all and it makes the whole house excited.  Nothing like a "kids" (she just turned 11 so not so much of a kid any more) excitement!  Love it!

Anyway...love this bag and want to make more like it!  Hope you enjoy!  And give this a try!  It is SOOO easy to make your own coordinating gift packaging!!


Now it's your turn to do the challenge! Can't wait to see what you come up with!  Head to the challenge blog by clicking HERE.

Thanks so much for visiting!  Let me know if you have any questions!

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome project! Super cute. Happy birthday to your little one.

Design With Ink said...

Well thank you so much! You are the sweetest! <3

February Fancy Blue!

Time for this month's Stampin' Fancy Friday challenge! And this one is a GOOD one!  Are you ready for SOMETHING BLUE?!  Colors :   C...