Friday, June 10, 2016

Dapper Swirly Bird...

It was my club week this week!  I have to admit--I was a bit overwhelmed at just what to use for my club projects this month!  There are SO MANY products that I just can't wait to show my clubbers!  I had to rely on major inspiration that I could find elsewhere to help me focus.  :-)  I found a card done by one of Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Team Designers, Valerie Moody, and LOVED it!  It was perfect for a fun Father's Day card or just any occasion.  So this is the card we made:


Isn't it fun!  I changed very few things from her original card.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Swirly Bird Bundle.  When you first look at the stamp set, it may seem underwhelming.  There are lots of pieces.  Here's a look at the bundle...


But from these pieces...you can make SO MUCH!  Bird's nest, boats, kite (those weird almost bow tie looking pieces make a kite), etc, etc.  And those coordinate dies...SWOON!!!  Love those swirls!

Anyway...here are a few more details to the cards...


Aren't these "waves" just the most fun?!  You can use these for vines too!  All sorts of things!  I will be sharing a lot more with this bundle!  It's fantastic!

And here is a fun tip.  See this sun...


See how there is a softer color around the darker swirl?!  This is done using the same stamp!  This is a photopolymer stamp...so....mount the stamp on your clear block backwards!  (with the image that you would normally stamp facing the clear block.)  Then ink up that circle in Daffodil Delight, stamp off onto scratch paper, and then stamp on your project.  Then clean the stamp quick, re-mount the stamp the "correct" way, ink up in Daffodil Delight, and stamp again!  So much fun!  I LOVE doing this little technique.

And can we talk a bit about the new In Colors?!  This card uses 2 of them--Dapper Denim and Emerald Envy.  SWOON!  Look at this fun In Color board I had displayed for my club members...


Don't those colors look fun?!

Anyway...hope you enjoy!  Thanks so much for visiting!  Please let me know if you have any questions!  designwithink@gmail.com.

No comments:

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...