Thursday, January 8, 2015

Valentine Heart Banner...

Whew!  What a start to the year/getting back into routines time it has been!  I meant to post days ago!  BUT...I AM BACK!  Here's to a new year!  I have plans to share lots of fun things this year...so hope you will visit me!

This leads me to a fun project today!  I always have a hard time decorating things in January.  I like to decorate for Valentine's Day, but is right after Christmas too soon?!  So I usually put regular home decor back up for a few weeks and then do Valentine's.  This year I decided to save myself a step and just go right to Valentine's Day decor.  It's never too early to start celebrating love, right?!  So today I am sharing a banner I made to add to my decor this year.  I use my stamping in home decor all the time!  I love it!  So here is my mantel at the moment (I will be adjusting)...

So fun, right?!  I love the pink and red color combo.  Makes my heart smile.  Here are some close-up's of the banner...

I used the Simply Created Banner Kit.  LOVE this thing!  The banner pieces are made of canvas.  Then there are stencils when you buy the whole kit (there is also a refill kit so you can get just the banners when you run out!) that you can add dots, stripes, or chevrons so easily!  I made all my pennants the same for this banner.  Just wanted a clean look.  I added some polka dots in Smoky Slate ink with a sponge.  (The kit comes with a spritzer bottle so you can add your ink that way as well.)

If you  have followed me on my blog at all, then I am sure you have seen this doily trick before.  I LOVE the color and emboss my doilies!  I just added pink ink and embossing with clear embossing powder.


I used the hearts framelits to cut out some hearts, added them over some punched circles (from the Typeset Speciality Designer Series Paper), then had some sequins/etc and voila!  A Happy Valentine's Day Banner!!!

I hope you enjoy!  Thanks so much for visiting!!!

1 comment:

Pam said...

So fun! I'm just venturing into home decor (mostly with flowers) & love it! I've not tried your doily technique. ...but will now!

Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Fun Box!

 How's it been going, being on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team, you ask?  👏 😍 🙌  Well - when you are sent boxes like this ...