Monday, March 8, 2010

More Flower Fun...

I promise I will post more than just once a week now. :) Seems like I can't get back on track. But I have some fun things to show this week. This past weekend I went to a shoebox swap that one of my upline's with Stampin' Up! (upline is a fancy term meaning the people you sign up under when you sign up to be a demonstrator) organized for her group. It was SO MUCH fun and we made some SUPER cute cards!!! Today I am going to show you the card that I made to bring. OH...what is a shoebox swap....some of you may be asking?! Well....basically everyone that comes designs a card and then brings all the supplies needed for everyone that is coming to make one of those cards. Then you just go around and make all the cards there. It's a great time!!! Here is the card I made:

I have to admit...I wasn't totally loving this card when I first made it. But it grew on me and I actually really like it. Oh....at these events we vote on our favorite card of the night as well. Mine tied for first place. :) YAY! That was fun. Here is a close-up of the flower...
The color combo is Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Very Vanilla, and Old Olive. While I was working on this card I wanted to make another one with just a different color combo. So I made this one...
This one is Old Olive, Taken With Teal, So Saffron, Rose Red, and Pretty in Pink. This card would be a great one to make with ANY color combo. And I got this layout from a magazine us demo's get free from Stampin' Up! It's called "Stampin' Success" and is filled with fun projects and ideas.
Thanks for visiting! Hope you enjoy!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had a blast at the swap and yours was my favorite! It was fun meeting you. Tiffany Hood

Pam said...

Ashley, I'm so, so proud of you!!!!
You not only gave us one fabulously stunning card, but also....you included the colors you used!!
xoxox Pam from Price

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...