Sunday, November 22, 2009

Kylie's Notebook...

My daughter got this little notebook for Halloween from preschool that she has LOVED. It was quite small and fun for her to carry around with her. She has spent so much time drawing in that notebook...it's just so cute. Well...she finally has used it all up. Plus...a little water was spilled on it so it kinda warped the cover. Anyway: I told her I would make her one today and this is what I did...
This Designer Series Paper is from the Tall Tales paper pack. I cut out that frame in Rose Red cardstock, using the Lots of Tags dies from Stampin' Up! Then I punched out a Wide Oval in So Saffron Textured Cardstock. I didn't want to do too much to it...because it's going in a 3 year old's hands (although she is actually really good with her stuff). But I kept it pretty minimal. All I did was cut out 3 of the flowers from a scrap piece of paper I had in that pattern and put them on with dimensionals. Her name is cut out using Stampin' Up!'s Billboard Alphabet Die. Here are a few more shots...
The size of the notebook is about 3" x 5 1/2" or so. These are super easy to make. You just cut some paper (I just used regular copier paper) to whatever size you want. Then cut a piece of Designer Series Paper the same size. Fold in half, staple in the middle, and you have a notebook. I do cut the bottom off a tad after it's all put together because after you fold it, it is a bit off.

Here is a close-up of her name and flowers.
She LOVED her notebook. When I gave it to her she says, "OH! You put my name on it!" She went to get her crayons right away to start coloring in it. I think I'm going to make these for every child I know. And every adult for that matter! :) Hehe. (How fun THAT would be to accomplish!!! :) )

Thanks for visiting! I hope you enjoy!

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...