Tuesday, February 24, 2009

More Retro Fun...

I have to say that I LOVE the Retro Style Watch (on pages 10-11 in the CATALOG) from Stampin' Up! Seriously....all the pieces in this collection just make me happy! Too cute. Yesterday I posted the Pop-Up Card I made, and today...here are just a few basic cards I made with the items.
I love doing the banner thing. I think it's too much fun. You just cut a piece of cardstock to fit your sentiment. Stamp your sentiment, leaving extra space on whatever side you want your banner points to be. Then put your banner in a square punch...that is big enough for your banner...at a diagonal. Center it, and then just punch...instant banner. I colored the "good" from "good friend" in with my VersaMarker again. Hard to see...I know...but in real life it gives a subtle difference in color that makes it pop.

This card started out with the focal point of the card. I made that panel for another project that didn't work like I wanted it to. So I made it into a card. Don't you just LOVE the corduroy buttons?! So scrumptious and SO HAPPY they are in the catalog!!! :) Enjoy these cards!

2 comments:

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Oh i so hope we get this new stamp in our new catalogue!

Me said...

Hi Ashley! I was looking through my swaps and found one from you and it had this site address on it. (Don't know if you remember me from convention...baby Avrie) Thought I would come check it out...super duper cutie poop stuff! Now I have to have the bird stamp...didn't before I came here. Anyway..just wanted to say Hi and love your stuff!

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...