Sunday, October 25, 2009

"Flipping" Out About Halloween...

This project is SO MUCH FUN! Seriously.....awesome! A fabulous stamper (and friend!), Kasia, showed everyone at our training a few weeks ago how to make these albums. Then last night I had a Girl's Night Out last night with a few friends. We went to this dinner theater show called Witchapalooza, and I wanted to give them a little present. I decided that one of these albums would be what I made for them. (I know...you probably don't care about this story. :) ) Anyway: here is the Halloween themed album...

This is the cover. Now...the house is quite fun in real life. It's embossed and then the whole white piece is sprayed with shimmer spray that I made with the Shimmer Paints that are in the Mini catalog and Rubbing Alcohol. Hard to get a picture of, but so sparkly in real life. Here is a bit of a close-up though...
Ok...now this is how the book works and what makes it so cool. Look at the picture below and notice that Basic Black tab? Well all you do is pull that and then the pages just keep flipping until you see all the pages. Here is what you get when you first open the book...
Then pull the tab a little and it flips to this...
Pull a little more and get this...
Little more...
Little more...

And finally... It's hard to get the total coolness that it is in pictures. But trust me...it's awesome! Thanks for visiting. I hope you enjoy! Have a FABULOUS Halloween week! :)

5 comments:

Kasia said...

so cute! I love the halloween theme! I love the shimmer spray too, my bottle is about halfway gone.

Pam said...

fabulous technique...do you have it on your site anywhere or can you lead me to one?
Pam from Price

MamaX5 said...

I was a recipient of one of these fabulous books, and they are AWESOME! Can't wait to get some fun pics in there from our night out. Thank you, Ashley!!

Suzanne Gnehm said...

I am just a fan, but do you have a tutorial available?

Sherri said...

I must have missed this post!! Love this project!!

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...