Thursday, June 11, 2009

June Club...

Yesterday was my club day. I LOVE club day. I love getting together with all the gals! We miss those that can't be there or who live out of town!!! Here are the projects we made yesterday. I tried to post these yesterday but we are in the middle of a dark and rainy week and never got a good picture. Today isn't much better, but I did get some pics.

First project is a Box in a Bag. The tutorial for this is HERE. (I did change the size of mine a titch. But this project is SO EASY to just change the measurements for whatever size you want.) Then I just added handles instead of closing it because that's what I wanted to do. :) I think it's super summery fun! (Regardless of the weather we are having!! Bright colors and fun projects=sun at some point...RIGHT?!?!? :) )

Here is an up close pic of how I did the handle...
Gotta love those jumbo brads! They are so much fun to use!!! Then this next card is using a technique they showed us at Leadership. They used the Sticky Cuts that were already in a shape. Here I just used the Sticky Pages, cut to size. Then I adhered to a piece of card stock that was cut to the same size. Then you take your hobby blade and just cut the wavy lines (or whatever you want). Cut deep enough to go through the red liner, but not too deep that you cut through your card stock. Then you peel off one piece at a time and add glitter. Then do the next piece, add glitter, etc, etc. until you are done. Words can't express HOW BEAUTIFUL this is in real life! Someone commented that it looked like glass, and I agree! It's so fine and scrumptious. Both the colors I used here are from the Fine Supernova Glitter. SO MUCH FUN! On to the card...

Used the same set and colors. This stamp set is retiring and I'm SO SAD!!! I love it! And I'll miss these colors SO MUCH too!!!!
I tried to get a good close up to show you how sparkly it is but this picture just doesn't do it justice! You'll have to do it yourself so you can see it in person or come over and see mine! :) Hope you're having a great day! If you're having a sunny day...go soak some sun up for me!!! Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Megan said...

I LOVE that card! I don't think I have seen this (or one that looked this good) before. :) I seriously have to try this out. Love it! :)

MamaX5 said...

That was a fun club day, I liked the summer fun stuff. :)

Kasia said...

Fun projects, your ladies must LOVE club! I love the glitter technique, I have been meaning to do it sometime when my floors are dirty :)

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...