Saturday, June 20, 2009

Hope You Are Having a Honey Day!

My parents just came to visit to celebrate Father's Day. I wanted to have a card for them to welcome them. Long story short about why I picked this theme...they just had to have honey bees removed from the outside of their house. My parents have the weirdest things happen to them. They had a hive that hundreds of thousands of bees had been building in this crevice of their siding. They had to pay a lot of money to have it removed. So I wanted the bees to welcome them to our house. :) They got a kick out of it and I got to use this stamp set for the first time. Turns out...I LOVE this set. :) It was a lot of fun! On to the card...

I paper pieced the hive. I stamped it on the DSP first. Then stamped it again on Close to Cocoa card stock for the base. Then I stamped it on Whisper White for the sign. It's pretty cute in real life. :)
Thanks for visiting! Have a great day and enjoy!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Cute card and tell your mom and dad hi, it has been awhile since we have seen them!

Bobby Sue said...

I love this stamp set!

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...